• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronco

Dec 14, 2020
    se Va
    If I remember correctly, the bump stock ban was worded so that it referred to "a single finger action" by the operator, and that put the bump stock into the too close to "real and/or full auto action" classification necessary to justify taking the bump stock away. I never had one so I've never researched it other than reading about the ban once a while back. Have these binary and forced reset setups actually been evaluated and/or dealt with at the federal or local states level (MD, PA, DE, WV, VA, NC)?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If I remember correctly, the bump stock ban was worded so that it referred to "a single finger action" by the operator, and that put the bump stock into the too close to "real and/or full auto action" classification necessary to justify taking the bump stock away. I never had one so I've never researched it other than reading about the ban once a while back. Have these binary and forced reset setups actually been evaluated and/or dealt with at the federal or local states level (MD, PA, DE, WV, VA, NC)?

MD's law only says "increases rate of fire" Light trigger or proper lube may actually increase rate of fire; there is no hardware specification in the MD law.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    But - back to the OP; I would say his is something one would buy cash and carry, and not online, if at all. I honestly don't know if it's legal or not.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

they are legal in Va, and probably Pa. not sure about other states ?

bronco

Dec 14, 2020
    se Va
    As I understand it, the forced rest and binary triggers are both okay in VA and NC (but not the bump stocks).

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas

Just FYI about binary triggers. I am not speaking for this FDT-15 trigger because it works differently....
    Sorry if I am being "Captain Obvious" here.

The ATF has officially ruled on binary type triggers at a federal level. During the bump stock ban, the binary triggers were specifically mentioned as being LEGAL and by looking at the BATF's statement, it kind of made binary triggers almost sound protected.

Bump-Stock-Type Devices
    Docket No. 2018R-22F; AG Order No.
    RIN 1140-AA52

Page 83
    The Department disagrees that other firearms or devices, such as rifles, shotguns,
    and binary triggers, will be reclassified as machineguns under this rule. Although rifles
    and shotguns are defined using the term "single pull of the trigger," 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(5),

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom