• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Has anyone noticed that some gun stores are expanding already tight laws on Maryland residents ?

Back i believe in 2013 we had waiting periods of 30 days or more and guns stores had no legal reason to follow that crazy unlawful act . We found out good dealers did not play that game .

Now i try to bid on a rifle at GB and the dealer in PA says i would not be able to pick it up in person because of Md. laws . I can buy rifles in PA with proper paperwork .

Why do gun stores continue to make shit up . Why do they expand things and create Gun Store Laws ?? I say i don't really need anymore guns . I won't add to my collection . F them worthless stores IMHO and we need to out the worthless stores as well .

Sorry for the rant :mad54:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    states and fed, intentionally, have all these crazy and inconsistent and vague gun laws that make it hard for citizens and stores alike to understand what is and what is not illegal and where. this creates liability for gun stores for getting it wrong so the path of least resistance is to just say NO.

hell, virginia now allows each municipality to set their own gun laws. how in the heck can a gun owner traverse thru cities and towns legally. can you imagine there being no posted stop or speed limit signs and every single traveller had to research and know what signs/limits where in each and every intersection and section of road? again all intentionally done to discourage firearms and protection.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was pissed at a Chantilly show when I wanted to buy a 10/22 and he would not sell cause I was MD resident and blaming MSP.
    I agree that they don’t do themselves any favors when they don’t stand up for ALL gun owners.

As. C&R holder I run into FFLs not honoring my FFL03

Or even MD dealers wanting an HQL on a C&R pistol. And I’m talking obvious ones too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I understand what you are saying , but education is a dangerous thing . If gun stores don't understand a couple of the states around them and the laws or at least have the ability to get information is insane . I am not going to play these games and jump hurdles at my age .
    It's all Bull Shit and we stand for it . We are our own worse enemy we keep playing along .

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Has anyone noticed that some gun stores are expanding already tight laws on Maryland residents ?

Back i believe in 2013 we had waiting periods of 30 days or more and guns stores had no legal reason to follow that crazy unlawful act . We found out good dealers did not play that game .

Now i try to bid on a rifle at GB and the dealer in PA says i would not be able to pick it up in person because of Md. laws . I can buy rifles in PA with proper paperwork .

Why do gun stores continue to make shit up . Why do they expand things and create Gun Store Laws ?? I say i don't really need anymore guns . I won't add to my collection . F them worthless stores IMHO and we need to out the worthless stores as well .

Sorry for the rant :mad54:

Not a rant at all.

How hard do you think gun shops will fight against upcoming laws restricting or prohibiting online ammo sales? Exactly. You take out the competition (who have much lower prices), then you can charge whatever you want for your product and have a monopoly on supply.

Similar to that shop in New Castle, DE which successfully lobbied for the DE law requiring 4473s to be done for every gun sale. They get to make money on every transfer. You think they are on the side of freedom? Nope.

Obviously, not all dealers are like this, but enough of them are more than happy to sell your freedoms down the river for personal financial gain. Choose your dealer wisely.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    ...hell, virginia now allows each municipality to set their own gun laws...

I don't have a problem with this approach. This allows the residents of rural counties to not be bound by the idiocy of high population density blue areas (NOVA). That said, Monkey County has two zones in and of itself. Urban (my zone) where no discharge is permitted vs. rural where limited discharge is permitted.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    In my opinion, a gun shop is nothing but a specialized retail establishment. They exist to make a profit. The owners have decided that the potential profit of selling to MD residents isn't worth the potential headaches of selling to MD residents.

Right now it's 100% a seller's market. He can sell that product easily and doesn't need to take any extra "risk" to do so. If the market was different, maybe it would be worth it to him to take the gamble and maybe he'll regret it one day. For now, they don't need your business.

Sucks, but I'd imagine that's how they see it.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It IS enough. Anything beyond that is store policy. Some shops are gunowner friendly and some are not.

And that is why we should out them , i will abide by the laws but BS rules i don't like .
    I can pass any background check , clearance , drug testing , alcohol testing .

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I don't have a problem with this approach. This allows the residents of rural counties to not be bound by the idiocy of high population density blue areas (NOVA). That said, Monkey County has two zones in and of itself. Urban (my zone) where no discharge is permitted vs. rural where limited discharge is permitted.

No, this allows the unknowing to be trapped by a crazy maze of idiotic laws in each peion jurisdiction. All laws need to be consistent statewide to avoid this.

Under your proposal, the rural counties would still be subject to the state laws, which are idiotic enough. And then have to learn and memorize the even worse laws in each little county, town, parish, street block, subdivision, etc.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    In my opinion, a gun shop is nothing but a specialized retail establishment. They exist to make a profit. The owners have decided that the potential profit of selling to MD residents isn't worth the potential headaches of selling to MD residents.

Right now it's 100% a seller's market. He can sell that product easily and doesn't need to take any extra "risk" to do so. If the market was different, maybe it would be worth it to him to take the gamble and maybe he'll regret it one day. For now, they don't need your business.

I don't disagree with your assessment , that is why i never intentionally try to piss off my clients during busy times so when times are tough they know i was there for them . And another thing they are not 2A friendly IMHO

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Don't forget the members here who dream up their own requirements for transactions.

I do get upset about the C&R thing and gunbroker dealers making up rules but find that a bit less annoying actually then people here who dream up stuff as they are in the same boat as us.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Don't forget the members here who dream up their own requirements for transactions.

I do get upset about the C&R thing and gunbroker dealers making up rules but find that a bit less annoying actually then people here who dream up stuff as they are in the same boat as us.

That would be a problem for me as well , a DNA sample and first born . SMH

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

No doubt correct.

Also correct however, that one day, said dealer may find himself needing to drink out of the very same punch bowl, that once floated the turds that were served to his guests.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I've seen it all over in my travels and it comes down to a lack of knowledge because they don't deal with it enough to warrant them to be aware of how it can be done , There not going to take your word for it , It's not your license that could be in jeopardy so its not a big deal if it's one sale , But if they see it regularly than they see lots of lost sales , I'll bet you they'll find out if they can do it .

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Oh yes we have a few good ones floating around here

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I've seen it all over in my travels and it comes down to a lack of knowledge because they don't deal with it enough to warrant them to be aware of how it can be done , There not going to take your word for it , It's not your license that could be in jeopardy so its not a big deal if it's one sale , But if they see it regularly than they see lots of lost sales , I'll bet you they'll find out if they can do it .

This is PA seller and me being a MD buyer . I would think they should or could have some safe information for walk in buyers from neighboring states . This store is roughly 2 1/2 hours away

I can see if i was buying a gun in Florida or out West .

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    This is PA seller and me being a MD buyer . I would think they should or could have some safe information for walk in buyers from neighboring states .

I can see if i was buying a gun in Florida or out West .

Further up you go in PA I imagine the more ignorant they get

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom