• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Yeah I think the biggest issue there is that its unclear to everybody because of the current ATF back and forth on the issue. People have been printing brace designs for years without issue so the only worry I would ever have is the position on braced firearms in general, not specifically 3d printed ones.

The newer versions of cura allow you to generate a random jiggle in your outer wall gcode to create that texture. Its pretty good and you can set the parameters on it for more or less intense grippy surfaces.

I totally agree with you on the nozzles though, I intend to grab a .6 and a .8 for this printer. Do you usually print in .6?

Yes, I'm almost always printing in 0.6mm with 0.3mm or 0.35mm layer height.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Howdy guys, pleasure to finally join the forum after a few years reading on and off. I started running into a wall with online research on some of the projects I am currently working on so I wanted to join to connect with people who may have access to some of the firearms I have been looking into.

Professionally I work as a 3d designer/engineer so my main interest is designing and 3d printing my own firearms. My current project is a fully printed 10/22 build (except for bolt and barrel), with a Ruger P95 clone coming up next.

I own a Glock 17, 2 AR15's, a VZ58, Chinese Crap Mosin, 2 1022's (one real one printed), and some assorted skeet and trap guns. I usually shoot at Hap Baker or Loch Raven Skeet and Trap.

Pleasure to join you all here and I'm sure you'll hear from me soon begging for info on various guns. If any members would like some tips and pointers on getting into 3D printed firearms please shoot questions my way.

uh, that VZ is easily your best pew pew, right...

I was in Baltimore City this week, and with all her flaws, I still like her better then DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom