What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Finally finished swaging my 5gal of 5.56 nato brass and ready to try out my 3D printed vacuum chutes on the HF saw and jig to make 300bo. I haven’t had any bulk of 300bo processed for over a year, just been reloading what I’ve been shooting.

763DD67E-424A-44A5-A7D0-86245463808E.jpeg

The full size chute is nice in keeping the filings and dust to a minimum. I could see even using this inside if needed. I was pushing them out at about 5 sec each, not bad. The half chute attachment for the aluminum jig is still sitting in the pkg. I do need to compare it, but the full size is doing so well.

The pic shows the filings after about 500 rnds

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    2 boxes of 12ga for clays on my Lee Load All
    Slowly working through all my components .
    Made a trades in the past month so I have components for another 300 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    View attachment 372924

The full size chute is nice in keeping the filings and dust to a minimum. I could see even using this inside if needed. I was pushing them out at about 5 sec each, not bad. The half chute attachment for the aluminum jig is still sitting in the pkg. I do need to compare it, but the full size is doing so well.

The pic shows the filings after about 500 rnds
    That jig is pretty nice, did you 3D print that?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Loaded my first round of 9 Major. The crimp still needs some work, the bullet is a bit looser than I'd like (even though it won't come out if I pull hard on it)... may need to do more at the seating station.

ETA: loaded a test batch of 50 rounds. Going is a lot slower than with regular 9mm due to case fill size (can't just smash the lever like with regular 9mm) and not using the bullet feeder. Had to do some adjustment of the powder flare to not be so aggressive, but cartridges now seem pretty firm.

Last edited:

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Made some new 120gr projectile 6.8 SPC ammo and took it to The Machine Gun Nest today. Still doesn’t run my AR right. I think I may need to investigate the gas port diameter.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Moving, packed up ~20K pills.
    id like to offer my bench/office desk up for sale or trade, reclaimed local woods. I’ll list it here soon and the house this weekend :)

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Moving, packed up ~20K pills.
    id like to offer my bench/office desk up for sale or trade, reclaimed local woods. I’ll list it here soon and the house this weekend :)
    I feel your pain..moving...sucks...half of what I have is moved already.. still got a piss load of brass, Linotype lead, then
    equipment, take months to set it all up "again"

like things made from reclaimed wood.

-Rock

MTplinker

Dec 30, 2021
    Annapolis
    K31. You?
    K31 from 1954. Doesn’t look the best but shoots great. Shoots PPU factory 174 FMJ fine. My 150 gr Hornady loads are good. I just tried loading up tear down Nosler 168 gr from American Reloading . They’re great, too. It’s not hard to get good results.

I use a set of Hornady comparators for measuring the shoulder and ogive datum lengths like shown here Loading K31 for accuracy . Seemed the intelligent way to do it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I went eclectic trying to finish off a pound of bullseye as I have a pound of bullseye coming with some primers. It’ll fill in the spot in my powder box nicely now that this one is done. I don’t like leaving empty spaces.

Anyway, ladder load of 7.62x25mm with FPRN FMJ .312 100gr bullets. I have some high hopes. I worked up a load for my 32acp also, but needed to shorten them as I didn’t make a bunch of dummies and found when the mags were loaded last 5 rounds the friction of the rims seating over each other and pushing them forward jammed them in the mag. So I need to load the 32acp .010” shorter. And slightly warmer. Function okay, but they are “trucking along” at about 590fps with 1.6gr of bullseye. I only own metal framed 32s, so I am pretty confident 1.7gr would be okay. But I’ll load some at 1.6 and the shorter COAL and a few at 1.7 just to be sure.

Anyway, I think I am pushing the Tok on the hard side with BE. The powder is just too fast. The best I can find for load data gives no pressures for any of the loads. Anyway, 4.8-5.2gr loads. I ran the same up to 5.2gr with 100gr coated lead and it functioned fine. Though I noted 4.8gr ran the most consistently.

Likely I’ll work up a load with CFE pistol. A much more moderate speed powder is what I probably need with the bottle neck case and heavy bullet. 39 rounds loaded (don’t ask).

I am hoping it functions well. I found a place that has those bullets for about 7cpb shipped. Way cheaper than 32acp FMJ 71gr (lead/coated lead/plated do not run well in my Cz50. The presented height is low and slamming in to the feed ram deforms anything short of an FMJ and jams up on fully loaded magazines). And even if you can find them, like 1/3 the price of 85gr .308/.309. And my M57 bore is .312”, so true Tok bullets have abysmal accuracy. Running the .313” coated lead significantly improved accuracy to broadside of a dinner plate at 10yds rather than broadside of a Cadillac. So I they run okay in my M57 I am buying a few thousand more at that price.

Anyway, after that I loaded 80 rounds of 9mm to finish off a 500 pack of RMR 115s RN bullets to increase my plinking bucket. 4.3gr each.

Then I loaded 50 of Makarov to test out the Berry’s plated bullets since I got 2k cheap a couple of years ago and still haven’t loaded any (I’ve been running MBC coated). 3.5gr BE for all as it’s a moderate load with the coated lead and not at max. But I didn’t want to load a big stack just in case I have to play with COAL or powder charge.

And finally I switched to 45acp 230gr RN FMJ to finish off the BE and increase my plinking stack. About 130-140 at 5.0gr each to FINALLY finish off the pound. My math comes out somerhwre around 1100-1200gr left of the pound. I was really thinking it was more like 500 or so.

PS also doing the mental math, at 1.7gr each a pound of bullseye will load more than 4000 rounds of 100gr 32acp! Talk about getting your moneys worth.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I must not have been shaking up my lanolin spray lube before each use, now I'm at the last ounce in the bottle and I've stuck a dozen cases (out of 1000) sizing the cut 5.56 to 300bo.

I just ordered fresh supplies to mix a new batch of spray, stuck brass is a PITA

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I must not have been shaking up my lanolin spray lube before each use, now I'm at the last ounce in the bottle and I've stuck a dozen cases (out of 1000) sizing the cut 5.56 to 300bo.

I just ordered fresh supplies to mix a new batch of spray, stuck brass is a PITA
    It'll do that...

I shake my bottle and then spray a good 4-5 sprays right into the trash can before I spray down my brass at the start of any case lubing session or if the bottle has been sitting for an hour or two. I figure I've got enough rubbing alcohol and lanolin to last a decade, if it lasts 5 years instead, for the $20 something I paid, worth it.

And yeah, stuck cases suck bad.

TheLizardKing

May 6, 2022
    Parkville
    K31 from 1954. Doesn’t look the best but shoots great. Shoots PPU factory 174 FMJ fine. My 150 gr Hornady loads are good. I just tried loading up tear down Nosler 168 gr from American Reloading . They’re great, too. It’s not hard to get good results.

I use a set of Hornady comparators for measuring the shoulder and ogive datum lengths like shown here Loading K31 for accuracy . Seemed the intelligent way to do it.
    Nice! Mine is from 1951. I'm also loading with 150gr Hornady projectiles, I haven't tried any others yet. Will check that video out!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Finished 200 rounds 30-06 for my buddy's M1 Garand . Started 200 rds 30-30. Also looking for load recipe for 135 gr hornady a-tip running out of a 6.5 grendel
    Biggest any of my manuals have is 130s in 6.5G. What powder are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom