Chinese USB Endscope for bore inspection. It works!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    what information are you gaining by looking in the bore? When would you need to use this? If the gun shoots well does it matter? Just curious why I would need one. I have thought about buying one before but didn't feel it was justified.

I was told a while back (actually years ago) you had to have one in order to line up low profile gas blocks on an AR; but now I am hearing there are other ways to do this. So strictly speaking we don't NEED one. I think they could be handy for preventative maintenance; maybe for spotting erosion around the gas port on an AR; but this would only be an issue if you have a lot of rounds through the barrel.

I just got one and for the money it is surprisingly effective.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    The company is supposed to be soon releasing a wifi version for smartphones.

The Teslong is 2mm and connects through micro USB. My Depstech is 8mm, so too large for most weapons but it does make good inspection scope. The Depstech is wifi so any wifi enabled device with a monitor/screen within a few feet of the tail end of scope will display the image from the camera.

Both scopes have lights dimmable from the tail end, and they both have screw off ends at the camera end. The 2mm Teslong comes with a 90 degree mirror end and the 8mm Depstech comes with a hook, magnet, and 90 degree mirror end. The Teslong is 3m long and the Depstech 8mm is 11.5 feet long. The scope cables are semi-rigid so the can be pushed up and they are moldable going into any opening where they will fit.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    We'll see how it cleans up

AF1QipOe1WE-TV55otTJSo-o_iy7FCReiGL107G3SyU0

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Part II after cleaning: Still some oddities about the chamber. Not sure why I have pitting on what looks like the shoulder part of the chamber. The two gouges in the chamber are curious as well.

https://youtu.be/DNG96CB_cIs

Part III after cleaing with JB bore paste

https://youtu.be/2JICJ-R1nvo

Thanks for the videos!! :thumbsup:

I'd love to hear some audio on exactly where/what is being looked at, your opinion on what your seeing, etc.

I'm surprised at the amount of checking/micro cracks that I am seeing, after 400 rounds.

This is really interesting, please continue! I've ordered a scope, now I need a class on what I'm going to see with it, what to look for, how to treat it, etc.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Thanks. I don't really have anything to say as this is all new to me.

Keep in mind that 300 RUM is a bit of an absurd round and known to be a barrel burner.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've got one, cheap Chinese model "Endoscope HD1200P"
    Flexible cable makes it good for many things. I've even fished it down into the sink traps and the toilet to check for obstructions.

Would be helpful for those times I drop a bolt, washer, etc in my engine compartment and it doesn’t fall out the bottom or land in sight.

My neighbor had to spend 4hrs disassembling his truck because the bolt for his thermostat disappeared and he couldn’t find it or fish it out.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    They sometimes come with hook and magnet attachments too. Useful for things like that.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Call me tinfoil nut but I'm wondering why so much Chinese tech toys have to connect to my phones/computers. I might pull out an old phone and dedicate it to this (and other BT connection) toys.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Well, it's all the same really. USB is... universal. I use the borescope on my computer connected to my 65" 4k TV with the rifle sitting on my coffee table. A phone is really just a handheld computer. IIRC, Android is kinda sorta Linux.

ETA: But yeah, the Chinese cannot be trusted.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Well, it's all the same really. USB is... universal. I use the borescope on my computer connected to my 65" 4k TV with the rifle sitting on my coffee table. A phone is really just a handheld computer. IIRC, Android is kinda sorta Linux.

ETA: But yeah, the Chinese cannot be trusted.

Searched for the "all-in-one" with its own screen and the units with .21" camera head diameter either have focal length too long or the mirror attachment makes the diameter too large to fit .22 bores.

Sounds like an awesome setup you have!

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Call me tinfoil nut but I'm wondering why so much Chinese tech toys have to connect to my phones/computers. I might pull out an old phone and dedicate it to this (and other BT connection) toys.

USB = free power

Phone = easily written application, use phone's distribution channel

All around phone is a win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom