• ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Falling Steel Rescheduled - Informal Shoot Announced

AGC Falling Steel - RESCHEDULE for SAT Jan 16th

Happy New Year Registered Shooters,

As luck would have it, there is a 90% chance of rain on Sunday morning and the high temp is not forecasted to get up over 40 degrees all day. Shooting in the rain is one thing and the snow is another; but shooting in the cold rain is just plain unenjoyable. Therefore, we have decided to reschedule the the match for Saturday January 16th.

There is no need to withdraw from the January 3rd match, but you will need to register again if you plan to shoot on the rescheduled date of January 16th.

Please click here to register for that match.
    https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-7/register

PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ ON.

For those who would still like to shoot a little this weekend, we will be having an impromptu/informal fun shoot tomorrow (Saturday 1/2). We plan to have rifle targets set up on Bay 1, as well as some pistol, shotgun targets on bay 2, 3, and maybe 4 (depending on attendance).
    There will NOT be a need to register in advance, just sign in around 8 am, help set up, and shoot until you are out of ammo or noon time, whichever comes first. Badge Holders will be asked to donate $5 and non Badge Holders $10 to the steel fund.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Mike

Happy New Year Registered Shooters,

As luck would have it, there is a 90% chance of rain on Sunday morning and the high temp is not forecasted to get up over 40 degrees all day. Shooting in the rain is one thing and the snow is another; but shooting in the cold rain is just plain unenjoyable. Therefore, we have decided to reschedule the the match for Saturday January 16th.

There is no need to withdraw from the January 3rd match, but you will need to register again if you plan to shoot on the rescheduled date of January 16th.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ ON.

For those who would still like to shoot a little this weekend, we will be having an impromptu/informal fun shoot tomorrow (Saturday 1/2). We plan to have rifle targets set up on Bay 1, as well as some pistol, shotgun targets on bay 2, 3, and maybe 4 (depending on attendance).
    There will NOT be a need to register in advance, just sign in around 8 am, help set up, and shoot until you are out of ammo or noon time, whichever comes first. Badge Holders will be asked to donate $5 and non Badge Holders $10 to the steel fund.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Mike

`Mike gave me the heads-up about the date change yesterday. Unfortunately, my boss already has plans for us. It blows, because steel shoot fun matches are a blast and I work Sundays.
    On a positive note, two of the guys I did the MSI walk through for are shooting falling steel for the first time on Saturday.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    `Mike gave me the heads-up about the date change yesterday. Unfortunately, my boss already has plans for us. It blows, because steel shoot fun matches are a blast and I work Sundays.
    On a positive note, two of the guys I did the MSI walk through for are shooting falling steel for the first time on Saturday.

Boss as in wife or employer?

We have 20+ slots still open. Not certain why as we were sold out for last weekend before we rescheduled. I hope everyone got the message that they need to RE REGSITER for the make up date.

Here is the link

Boss as in wife or employer?

We have 20+ slots still open. Not certain why as we were sold out for last weekend before we rescheduled. I hope everyone got the message that they need to RE REGSITER for the make up date.

Here is the link

Sleeping on the sofa sucks.
    For some reason, she doesn't like me going to the range every Saturday- which is the only day we can spend together.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Sleeping on the sofa sucks.
    For some reason, she doesn't like me going to the range every Saturday- which is the only day we can spend together.

You should tell her that you have arranged a very special surprise date for the two of you. You could get her up really early, stop at McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin and bring her to the match for a magical day together.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You should tell her that you have arranged a very special surprise date for the two of you. You could get her up really early, stop at McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin and bring her to the match for a magical day together.

Lmao, if he does that he’ll wish he were sleeping on the sofa....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Really great 3gun match today! Got my ass kicked a little on the 200, but what else is new. :)

I didn't do well on 200 either...at all :o For some reason, I just couldn't see that one gong on the left and guessing where it was within the stand (which I at least could see) was getting really expensive :innocent0 (Well, I know the reason...my eyes were never good even when I was young...and I'm not young:sad20:)

Everything else was a lot of fun. I really like the shotgun/pistol option targets. I thought the stages allowed for some good decisions balancing my shotgun shooting (which is better than my pistol shooting) vs. my pistol shooting (which is better than my shotgun loading).

It was also nice to forget about the problems of the world for a while and enjoy a fleeting experience of America :patriot:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

... Therefore, we have decided to reschedule the the match for Saturday January 16th.

Bumping for this weekend. I'm still really on the fence. We've committed to IDPA on Sunday (Katie can't do Saturday shoots). Two shoots in one weekend is a lot. I feel a little guilty shooting without her...but mostly am reluctant to skip out on the chores that I should be doing Saturday (plus...ammo :o :sigh: )

It would be nice if all the slots filled up and made the decision for me :innocent0

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    If anyone is on waitlist for Saturday’s falling steel and hoping to get in, I will most likely bail on this one. I’ll be hanging out with some people at a private range Saturday afternoon and am having trouble justifying 200 rds of 9mm plus more of that and the more expensive stuff I’ll be shooting the same day. This is becoming a rich man’s pasttime. Will most likely sign up next month though or take my first stab at 3 gun, assuming 5.56 doesn’t hit $1.50/rd soon.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If anyone is on waitlist for Saturday’s falling steel and hoping to get in, I will most likely bail on this one. I’ll be hanging out with some people at a private range Saturday afternoon and am having trouble justifying 200 rds of 9mm plus more of that and the more expensive stuff I’ll be shooting the same day. This is becoming a rich man’s pasttime. Will most likely sign up next month though or take my first stab at 3 gun, assuming 5.56 doesn’t hit $1.50/rd soon.

You can shoot .22, if you have it :innocent0

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    There’s a lot of post in this thread offering excuses on why someone can’t shoot.

I have a previously scheduled engagement that I can’t escape. [how do you add emojis in here]

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a Saturday, and I have a pretty well established excuse as to why I cannot. :P

I do wonder if this is finally going to be the month where we start seeing slow downs due to a combo of ammo shortages and civil unrest, though. Even I'm starting to consider whether I can really afford to drop 250-300 9mm rounds at a single falling steel match, or if I should shoot a single gun instead.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Many thanks to MEGARMS for running another killer match and to RH for designing the stages so we weren't picking up plates out of the mud. Much appreciated gentlemen.

And a big shout out to Al Gore, global warming gave us a rather comfortable mid January day and his amazing internet had the scores posted before I got home.

The new inline plate racks on stage six were a YUGE hit at least with our squad. Miles of smiles watching the PCC guys rip through them, great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom