• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Seriously though...

I know times are tough, but there are literally no quality BCG options in stock right now. Or for the last several weeks that I’ve noticed.

And by quality I’m referring to MPI/HPT C158 bolts, phosphate CL carriers the likes of Colt, DD, BCM, SOLGW, Toolcraft, etc. None of that fancy, “enhanced, NiB, nano pvd, coating of the week nonsense.

Its been hard finding good parts all year, but right now is next level hard with finding BCG’s

End rant.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've noticed. Builds are damn near impossible at this point.
    Supply can't keep up with demand.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I just picked up two Colt BCGs of the older type with the “C” stamp on the side and all the markings one would expect. But they weren’t cheap. Specialized Armament still had some when I ordered a few days ago. Considering prices as they are, I wasn’t complaining.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    While probably not the best BCG out there, the Brownells ones have worked well for me. I just ordered another one this morning, though its an AR one that doesn't have the M16 cut. I'm not going to be picky since I don't have a full auto lower to use it with anyway. $140 unless you have a FFL03 on file with them, then it's $126.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...er-group-5-56x45mm-nitride-mp-prod129916.aspx

The last time I looked a few weeks ago the only thing in stock had been a left handed Stag Arms BCG.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    A friend is getting his first AR together. Asked me if I had a BCG he could have. Sorry...they're spoken for and committed to rifles already.

He ordered a phosphate Toolcraft since that is the best we could do a week ago. I'll inspect and gauge it. I'll swap out the extractor spring with a Sprinco.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A friend is getting his first AR together. Asked me if I had a BCG he could have. Sorry...they're spoken for and committed to rifles already.

He ordered a phosphate Toolcraft since that is the best we could do a week ago. I'll inspect and gauge it. I'll swap out the extractor spring with a Sprinco.
    I have a few of the phosphate Toolcraft. No complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom