• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    January 4, 2021. In the wake of a recent murder of a bow hunter in Camden County, ANJRPC is urging all hunters and sportsmen to be extra vigilant and aware when engaging in outdoor activities.

54-year old hunter Joseph Bottino was found stabbed and beaten to death outside a Boy Scout reservation in Pine Hill. The murder is unsolved and being investigated by the Camden County Prosecutor's Office. Read more about the incident by clicking here.

Hunters are cautioned to be aware of their surroundings, to consider hunting with others, to make family and friends aware of their plans, and to be extra alert about your personal safety.

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/HunterMurderedSportsmenUrgedtoBeExtraVigilant?fbclid=IwAR35AU8CmJvK64ZDh-dqaXnggwx2Kb1CoxJy0y-XBy0ZugkZ8LMSCuzygUM

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Maybe an in the woods argument with another hunter? Maybe targeted and followed? Seems less likely given he was beaten and stabbed both.

A whole lot of detail missing. Was he just entering or leaving the woods, rather than accosted in the woods?

Maybe purposely vague. But something smells funny with this one.

Jan 13, 2020
    Damn, that's crazy. Definitely sounds like a struggle, multiple blunt force injuries and multiple stab and incise wounds.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    54-year old hunter Joseph Bottino was found stabbed and beaten to death outside a Boy Scout reservation in Pine Hill. The murder is unsolved and being investigated by the Camden County Prosecutor's Office. Read more about the incident by clicking here.

He should have just bought the tin of overpriced popcorn and everyone could have gone their own way.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Strange

It’s my belief that 2021 will see a sharp uptick in violence. Much of it may not be explained or explainable.

I forsee lots of folks who have found their breaking point. Social values have plummeted. Social and judicial accountability are a sham. Government no longer controls violence.

Folks are primed to settle grudges and act out fantasies the old fashioned way.

What do they have to lose? Nada mucho.

PS. Not a good time to F with folks you really don’t know. ...or not.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Behind any highly successful firefighter, you just may find a closet arsonist.

NOT KNOCKING FIREFIGHTERS. GOD BLESS THEM.

Making a point about politicians and bureaucrats. They foment bedlam and legislate and pass abominable legislation, then blame everybody else.

...and we re-elect them. SMH

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Behind any highly successful firefighter, you just may find a closet arsonist.

NOT KNOCKING FIREFIGHTERS. GOD BLESS THEM.

Making a point about politicians and bureaucrats. They foment bedlam and legislate and pass abominable legislation, then blame everybody else.

...and we re-elect them. SMH

You don't make it on the ballot because of your integrity. It's like eating at a restaurant with a dirty kitchen. Doesn't matter how many choices are on the menu, all of them will make you sick.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Maybe an in the woods argument with another hunter? Maybe targeted and followed? Seems less likely given he was beaten and stabbed both.

A whole lot of detail missing. Was he just entering or leaving the woods, rather than accosted in the woods?

Maybe purposely vague. But something smells funny with this one.

My guess is he got into it with a homeless person squatting on the property. That area is a little rough. Lots of drugs too.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It was obviously a gang of super intelligent deer with a blood lust like the one in the video. I will need detailed forensic data of the puncture wound to compare to my deer antler database. All deer are required to submit a shedding to the MSP for use in future forensic investigations. It's only a matter of time until we can stop speculating and have some hard facts. just be patient.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It's right down route 30 from Camden. I'm betting drug dealing thugs or illegals set on him.

Camden isn't actually that close, maybe 40 minutes depending on traffic. No one from Camden is going there to deal any kind of drugs. There's plenty in the surrounding immediate area.

Illegals is not a bad angle though. But, my money is still on homeless squatters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom