• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    Olympic Arms has been making them for some time. I have one in .45ACP I purchased from them in the early '90s. They make them in 9mm, .40, 10mm and .45.

I took this image off of google maps.

I used to drive by Olympic Arms when I lived there in Washington State. It really didn't look too healthy as a business then. I rememberr speaking to a guy who was an assembler in that company for just above minimum wage. I do believe that Olympic Arms is out of business now.

Attachments

• Olympic.jpg
      Olympic.jpg
      51.3 KB · Views: 186

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I took this image off of google maps.

I used to drive by Olympic Arms when I lived there in Washington State. It really didn't look too healthy as a business then. I rememberr speaking to a guy who was an assembler in that company for just above minimum wage. I do believe that Olympic Arms is out of business now.

Sadly, they’ve been out of business for almost 4 years.

“After more than 40 years of business, it is with great sorrow that we announce that February 28th, 2017 will be the last day of operation for Olympic Arms, Inc.” Jan 26, 2017

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    OlyArms was going to come their doors when the owner wanted to retire. Someone stepped up and purchased the business and continued. I even sent one of their rifles back to them for repair last year with no problems.

What their status is today I don't know but I never had any issues with them.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I have a .40 S&W upper and a .357 SIG upper (same BCG works in both). They were built on Quarter Circle 10 lowers for Glock magazines. Blow back carbines need heavier buffers, in my experience, so be prepared to shop for a much heavier buffer than an H3. I started with a 6.5 and ended up with an 8.5 and used some quarters as spacers in the buffer tube.

If you have a Glock chambered in .40 S&W, it only makes sense to me to have a carbine chambered to use the same magazines with the same ammunition. I run factory and reloads through mine regularly.

https://www.quartercircle10.com/
    https://heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine.html

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I have a .40 S&W upper and a .357 SIG upper (same BCG works in both). They were built on Quarter Circle 10 lowers for Glock magazines. Blow back carbines need heavier buffers, in my experience, so be prepared to shop for a much heavier buffer than an H3. I started with a 6.5 and ended up with an 8.5 and used some quarters as spacers in the buffer tube.

If you have a Glock chambered in .40 S&W, it only makes sense to me to have a carbine chambered to use the same magazines with the same ammunition. I run factory and reloads through mine regularly.

https://www.quartercircle10.com/
    https://heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine.html

Did you have the .357sig upper built custom by Quarter Circle or other? I don't see any .357sig reference searches come up on QC's website

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I went with a pre-built LAR .40 from Rock River and based on what I went through getting additional mags for it from RR, :banghead::kicknuts::sick1::whack:

I IMPLORE UPON YOU TO FIND A WAY TO BUILD IN A MANNER THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE GLOCK MAGS!

ON TOP OF THAT, I don’t think my RR looks as good as some of the other carbine photos posted upthread ...

Also, reason for the blue chevrons on the sticks is cuz between my RR LAR 40, the wife’s Colt 9mm AR and an Olympia .45acp grabbing sticks in a hurry has gotten confusing and caused problems either packing or once at the range (so, “blue = .40”; “tan = 9mm” and “red = .45acp and green = .30cal carbine. Life in the vault is much simpler now ... :thumbsup:)

Attachments

• 9D0DA395-7176-4223-903C-8D99540C20BC.jpg
      9D0DA395-7176-4223-903C-8D99540C20BC.jpg
      163.3 KB · Views: 126
    • E8796C15-E253-4128-A27C-A72D7441C274.jpg
      E8796C15-E253-4128-A27C-A72D7441C274.jpg
      128.4 KB · Views: 140
    Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I’ve have two retired Chicago PD friends who work for Rock River part-time but this bears stating no matter what:

Yet another reason to go with a pcc that takes Glock mags (or any mag that is readily available) is not the fact 32-rd RR mags are $50 (nothing too unusual about that price, relative to Colt 9mm AR mags, etc.); it’s the fact THEY DON’T HAVE ANY and I’ve yet to find anyone who is willing to venture even a guess as to whether they will ever have any available, EVER, again.

Same phone call (moments ago) I was floored to find out the price for one (1) TEN (10-) round LAR 40 mag is, ready?

$70 US (GTFOH!)

Now , local Army Natl Guard friends are having great success using RR 5.56 uppers for Service and Highpower Competition so, gotta give credit where credit is due but, no way no how would I be looking to RR for ANYthing pistol caliber carbine related under the current situation(s).

$70? Really? (GTFOH!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom