• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Trying to figure out if there’s any value to this K98 over and above the rifle itself. Rifle is complete and functions, has a sewer pipe for a barrel, fishing string holding on the sling and mud under the butt plate. Cool thing is the paper work is still attached to the stock. Owner listed as “Donald E. McQuinn and dated 20 July 1970 along with other information. Turns out he is a retired Marine major who is also a best-selling author. Also know the story of how the major came into position of the rifle but that’s for another day.

Attachments

• IMG_E5167.jpg
      IMG_E5167.jpg
      76 KB · Views: 861
    • IMG_E5168.jpg
      IMG_E5168.jpg
      79.6 KB · Views: 838
    • IMG_E5169.jpg
      IMG_E5169.jpg
      40.1 KB · Views: 834

WarPig68

May 9, 2012
    Pasadena
    That is an awesome piece! Love the bringback stuff. Especially Vietnam bringbacks.

I don’t mean to sound disrespectful, but did you plan on holding onto it or potentially selling it?

Rebel59

Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    That is an awesome piece! Love the bringback stuff. Especially Vietnam bringbacks.

I don’t mean to sound disrespectful, but did you plan on holding onto it or potentially selling it?

That rifle along with a few others were getting sized up for my next faze of downsizing.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Based on your pics and our conversation a while back you've got good taste

I would like to see what the OP has to part with as well

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    This is probably him - he was born in 1930 so the ages match. He also went to U of W so the location makes sense:

Donald Mcquinn
    Burien, WA
    Full Name: Mr Donald E Mcquinn
    Current Home Address:
    15020 5th Ave SW, Unit 319
    Burien WA 98166
    Past Addresses: Homes, Rental Properties, businesses, apartments, condos and/or other real estate associated with Donald Mcquinn in Burien, WA.
    17244 Sylvester Rd SW
    Normandy Park WA 98166
    17345 Sylvester Rd SW
    Burien WA 98166
    Phone: Cell/Mobile/Wireless and/or landline telephone numbers for Donald Mcquinn in Burien, WA. (206) 246-7463
    (253) 246-7463

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Is that a DD 603-1 shellacked to the stock?
    If the DD 603 was real an not attached to the stock, $2K+ at a good sale. With it shellacked to the stock, I have no clue. Less then 2K.

Rebel59

Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Is that a DD 603-1 shellacked to the stock?
    If the DD 603 was real an not attached to the stock, $2K+ at a good sale. With it shellacked to the stock, I have no clue. Less then 2K.

Indeed “DD Form 603-1 , 1 Jul 65” on bottom of form clear tapped to stock. That’s some appraisement, wow.

Rebel59

Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Some interest in this I see. OK, as of now I sent a brief Text to one of the two numbers posted to break the ice. Turns out it was to the land line however sprint says the message was successfully delivered to an answering machine. Message was worded in such a way that only he'll know what I'm talking about. We shall see.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Some interest in this I see. OK, as of now I sent a brief Text to one of the two numbers posted to break the ice. Turns out it was to the land line however sprint says the message was successfully delivered to an answering machine. Message was worded in such a way that only he'll know what I'm talking about. We shall see.

He's 90. You need to just call the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom