• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And for those of us in the Beltway area, they haven't yet decided whether or not to uproot some or all of their HQ operations in Fairfax, including the museum and range.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Does anyone else find it weird that they are "in the strongest financial position ever" and at the same time they are declaring Chapter 11 bankruptcy?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Seems like part of it has to do with getting out of NYS, but yes, I don't believe they are in a good position, at the worst possible time.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I imagine all the Tailors getting stiffed for the custom suits they made . Should leave WLP in New York that should shave a few ducks off .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    About time, and good location, do not believe Texas will abandon its 2A roots.

Texas didn't issue CHLs until 1995, and open carry was illegal until 2015.

They weren't as Wild West as we'd like to believe.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Who is taking up the mantle of 2A on national scene?

Too simple a question, and that's what's always wrong with these discussions. Do you mean, in the way of encouraging people to go shoot, train them to be safe, sponsoring matches and certifying ranges, etc., or do you mean going to bat in court in every state to chase things up to the SCOTUS?

The NRA has never done all of that perfectly in every way, but has always done quite a bit of both, often in unnoticed ways. "Taking up the mantle" is a big topic. When they get out from under some last-century public relations methods and out from under the predatory thumb of a gun-grabbing NY state government that's trying to remove them from the national playing field, they'll have a better shot at returning to the higher profile they need to occupy.

If nothing else, pay attention to and make the distinction between the NRA and the NRA-ILA.

mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    Well maybe if they didn’t send everyone who is already a member 20 pounds of junk mail a month they would be in Chapter 11.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Seems like a business move to me. Remember Magpul moved out of Colorado and everyone applauded their decision. As for LaPierre, I do think it is time for a change there.

Nov 10, 2020
    Oh man, I wonder if the great 2A broker will get involved heavily in TX state politics. Not sure it will help slow the bluing of Texas.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    And Texas is rapidly going Blue. There probably were better options.

This. most of LA that can is picking up and moving to Austin. They will bring their voting habits and baggage with them. Need to stay one step ahead and find the next place to flee to.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Too simple a question, and that's what's always wrong with these discussions. Do you mean, in the way of encouraging people to go shoot, train them to be safe, sponsoring matches and certifying ranges, etc., or do you mean going to bat in court in every state to chase things up to the SCOTUS?

The NRA has never done all of that perfectly in every way, but has always done quite a bit of both, often in unnoticed ways. "Taking up the mantle" is a big topic. When they get out from under some last-century public relations methods and out from under the predatory thumb of a gun-grabbing NY state government that's trying to remove them from the national playing field, they'll have a better shot at returning to the higher profile they need to occupy.

If nothing else, pay attention to and make the distinction between the NRA and the NRA-ILA.

1. Thank you for educating me on this issue. I meant to say "do you mean going to bat in court in every state to chase things up to the SCOTUS?".

2. The "Do you mean, in the way of encouraging people to go shoot, train them to be safe, sponsoring matches and certifying ranges, etc" is handled by CMP, Appleseed, and local gun clubs.

On issue #1, "Observers and lawmakers see the NRA as one of the three most influential advocacy groups in Washington, D.C.[11][12] The NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) is its lobbying division, which manages its political action committee (PAC), the Political Victory Fund (PVF)."

So if NRA ever disbands due to funding issue, NRA -ILA will go with it! That is what I have in my mind.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    This. most of LA that can is picking up and moving to Austin. They will bring their voting habits and baggage with them. Need to stay one step ahead and find the next place to flee to.

Texas should have set up their own internal electoral college ages ago to protect from Austin.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Is it just me, or has a press release never before in history made Bankruptcy sound so good?

a quote in the article said "their financial position was never better".

So now is the time to declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy? I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom