• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Just can not own batons here!! And possibly, stun guns!!

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    Moved in. Fired some 22lr. Hippie neighbors called the authorities. 2.5 hours later two state troopers stopped by to inform me that someone complained. (as they both looked in the direction of the hippie house). Both made it clear that firearm discharge was in no way an illegal activity. Asked if I were the source, would I know safe handling. I mentioned I shot IDPA and the BS session began. They just reiterated that IF I were to engage in such an activity, be safe.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Please consider carefully before espousing a personal policy as ridiculous as "signs carry no legal weight, legally you can indeed ignore the signs." Private property rights are the greatest and most important rights any of us have, and it pains me greatly to see my fellow gun carriers ignoring those rights of others while expecting them to honor yours.

To disregard the rights of another while fighting for your own is hypocrisy. We as firearm owners in the so called free state know all to well the feeling of our rights being trampled on . Why would be do it to others ?

Curmudgeon awesome post

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Having lived in both states, I'll take PA over Maryland any day. I think the thing that bugged me the most about moving to MD was giving up my LTCF.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Having lived in both states, I'll take PA over Maryland any day. I think the thing that bugged me the most about moving to MD was giving up my LTCF.

You're a perfect candidate to join MSI, (see signature). It's a little frustrating, but you will be shoulder to shoulder with like minded folk, poking the State Of Maryland in the eye. ;) <-(that's not a wink, but a poked out eye :D )

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    You're a perfect candidate to join MSI, (see signature). It's a little frustrating, but you will be shoulder to shoulder with like minded folk, poking the State Of Maryland in the eye. ;) <-(that's not a wink, but a poked out eye :D )

I will look at that as soon as I get home from work today.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    Turned in my LTCF app. What a pleasant experience. The guard to the building finished playing with my pocketknife that was in my stuff for the entry search (a little kershaw) gave me a claim ticket to pick it back up.
    I walk in, hand in the form. The LEO taps away at his machine, exchanges some pleasant BS. Takes my picture, and says it will be mailed within 45 days, call us if you change address. I did have to pay a whopping fee of $20.
    Maryland can suck it.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Turned in my LTCF app. What a pleasant experience. The guard to the building finished playing with my pocketknife that was in my stuff for the entry search (a little kershaw) gave me a claim ticket to pick it back up.
    I walk in, hand in the form. The LEO taps away at his machine, exchanges some pleasant BS. Takes my picture, and says it will be mailed within 45 days, call us if you change address. I did have to pay a whopping fee of $20.
    Maryland can suck it.

Yep, kinda blew me away when I got mine. It's harder to get a driver's license. What county?

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    My experience in York county, for myself and several others that I have spoken with, is that permit renewals are completed in a single day.
    • No fingerprints.
    • No training.
    • A reasonable fee.
    The only possible improvement would be with no permit required at all, like Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming.

What is wrong with those nuts running things back in Maryland? I lived in Maryland all my life before moving across the border to Pennsylvania and could never understand how so many childish Maryland legislators get elected again an again instead of putting adults in charge.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    You made the right choice. This state is a lost cause, as far as I'm concerned. I plan on making my way up there once I'm out of school.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    My experience in York county, for myself and several others that I have spoken with, is that permit renewals are completed in a single day.
    • No fingerprints.
    • No training.
    • A reasonable fee.
    The only possible improvement would be with no permit required at all, like Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming.

What is wrong with those nuts running things back in Maryland? I lived in Maryland all my life before moving across the border to Pennsylvania and could never understand how so many childish Maryland legislators get elected again an again instead of putting adults in charge.

Technicality...but WY only doesn't require permits of residents. Non-resident visitors still need need one...and they don't honor all of them.

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    Technicality...but WY only doesn't require permits of residents. Non-resident visitors still need need one...and they don't honor all of them.

They honor my Pennsylvania permit. As a Pennsylvania resident I can carry in 30 states and my Florida non-resident permit adds 7 more. Hopefully there will come a day when we can all legally carry in all 50 states and DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom