• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    What's really pathetic is that Eddie DiDonato will be known, for the rest of his life, as that little punk f**kwit whose daddy had political connections and tried to commit a travesty of justice, but had his ass handed back to him instead. TWICE.

It's good news that he was cleared but men of power, like DiDonato's father, don't like losing. There's going to be more fallout for Ung, unfortunately.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    This! clearly there was evidence of an assault or Ung wouldn't have been aquitted.

The same DAs office that prosecuted Ung would have to charge DiDonato, not likely. As Ung had not injuries, this would fall somewhere under the third-degree assault / threatening / aggravated battery category, the kind of stuff that gets you 6 months suspended on a bad day.

Even if they did prosecute him, the odds of a jury convicting the guy who got injured severly in the fight (while the victim of his assault remained unininjured) are slim. Otoh, an acquittal of DiDonato on the assault charge would just be another fact against Ung in the civil lawsuit. So I dont think it would be in his interest to pursue this further.

Ungs best hope is to get to a settlement with DiDonato for his out of pocket medical cost and then some. Sucks, but this is Philadelphia, the capital of tort litigation. More commonly it hits corporations, but Philly juries are known to hand out 100eds of millions in punitive damages if they just get whipped up enough.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    The same DAs office that prosecuted Ung would have to charge DiDonato, not likely. As Ung had not injuries, this would fall somewhere under the third-degree assault / threatening / aggravated battery category, the kind of stuff that gets you 6 months suspended on a bad day.

Even if they did prosecute him, the odds of a jury convicting the guy who got injured severly in the fight (while the victim of his assault remained unininjured) are slim. Otoh, an acquittal of DiDonato on the assault charge would just be another fact against Ung in the civil lawsuit. So I dont think it would be in his interest to pursue this further.

Ungs best hope is to get to a settlement with DiDonato for his out of pocket medical cost and then some. Sucks, but this is Philadelphia, the capital of tort litigation. More commonly it hits corporations, but Philly juries are known to hand out 100eds of millions in punitive damages if they just get whipped up enough.

I agree with you.

But what about Ung? If i was him i would start to file for assault charges and sue for mental stress.

You have to think, this guy might be traumatized to the event of going out with a lady friend at night for life!

I know when a motor vehicle driver hit me on my motorcycle. It took me a while to get comfortable on the bike again. An to this day, i am still very paranoid about it.

This was over 4 years ago.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Best news I've heard in a long time. I hope there is no civil suit but I'm thinking there will. As someone already said, people like that asshats father don't take kindly to losing.

Insane Irish

Oct 3, 2012
    6 shots? he needs to practice more.
    I'm sorry, but if I pull a gun on a could/would be attacker and they hesitate and then charge me..........they ARE a threat to my like and or reason to believe they will cause great bodily harm. I'm sure all of the shootee's friends believe he would have just disarmed Ung. I tend to believe that if he took the gun, he wouldn't be the one in the hospital bed with bullet holes.

LOL, says the guy who has probably only shot at a stationary paper target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom