• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    What's ambiguous? When you strip out the parts that don't apply, the law clearly states a license SHALL BE revoked.... The same would apply to someone who gets an LTCF as a PA resident, then moves out of state and can't/doesn't get a permit from their new state of residence.

If it's not ambiguous, then why is York one of, if not the only county that interprets the law that way?

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    If it's not ambiguous, then why is York one of, if not the only county that interprets the law that way?

Why do some counties refuse to issue to non-residents? Why do some require "in county" references? Why was Philadelphia revoking licenses for things like parking tickets, or having your gun stolen?

The law is clearly written, just because offices are choosing not to spend resources enforcing it, doesn't make it "ambiguous".

Oh, and if you want to use a constitutional quote against permits in PA, our own constitution provides a better one than the second amendment to the US one.

Article I, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution states: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

Seems pretty clear to me that the whole LTCF process is unconstitutional.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    PA will no longer give a MD wear and carry permit holder a PA ccw if the maryland permit has ANY restrictions on it. Delaware county would not renew my PA ccw

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    PA will no longer give a MD wear and carry permit holder a PA ccw if the maryland permit has ANY restrictions on it. Delaware county would not renew my PA ccw
    Does that apply to all PA counties? The Sheriffs in PA have wide discretion in handling non resident permits. Some counties don't issue them at all.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Link to this in any sites for the counties? I had no issues at all when I got my pa permit in Lancaster.

TD

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania

IT isn't "PA" doing it, it's the Delaware County Sheriff as you yourself point out.

Drive west a few miles to Lancaster and get it there without the hassle. In this regard, as a non-resident, you enjoy a freedom we PA residents do not. We are limited by statute to apply within our county of residence, you can apply anywhere in PA.

To be both blunt and crude, some PA Sheriffs are assholes. IMHO Delaware Co's is among them, and not even the worst. Some are much worse.

And many, if not most, are much better. This thread is full of the better ones. Take the hint. ;)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My Maryland permit expires at the end of this month , and in today low and behold I get a call from York County the fine Sheriff tells me if I don't mail back my permit within 5 days of my Md. permit expiring they will swear out a warrant for my arrest .

He came on real strong as to put me in my place , I told him I would mail it back before May 31st and open carry in PA . He said yeah you can do that no problem , I am wondering why we have to play the games the song and dance .
    Our country is whack , I am sure somewhere in PA there is a sanctuary town/city for illegals and free-loaders . It is almost comical . SMH

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    My Maryland permit expires at the end of this month , and in today low and behold I get a call from York County the fine Sheriff tells me if I don't mail back my permit within 5 days of my Md. permit expiring they will swear out a warrant for my arrest .

He came on real strong as to put me in my place , I told him I would mail it back before May 31st and open carry in PA . He said yeah you can do that no problem , I am wondering why we have to play the games the song and dance .
    Our country is whack , I am sure somewhere in PA there is a sanctuary town/city for illegals and free-loaders . It is almost comical . SMH

They want your EXPIRED permit back???? :sad20:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Go to Adams county and get your permit there. Stop playing games with Sheriff's that ....nm.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia

Is it actually written into state/local law that you have to mail them back the permit if your home state permit expires? If not how the hell can they issue a warrant (or even threaten one) if they have no evidence that you actually carried in PA while violating the conditions of the PA non-res permit?

Edit to add: I just renewed my Pa non-res a few weeks ago from Cumberland Co. and had to sign this form acknowledging that my permit would be revoked if I didn't send them documentation that my Md permit was renewed since it expires before my next Pa renewal. Based on the wording of that code I still don't see how they threaten a warrant for arrest if you don't, considering the code says shall not be "issued", which to me means at the time off application. I can see how it can be revoked, but an arrest warrant??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      59 KB · Views: 169

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Is it actually written into state/local law that you have to mail them back the permit if your home state permit expires? If not how the hell can they issue a warrant (or even threaten one) if they have no evidence that you actually carried in PA while violating the conditions of the PA non-res permit?

I think the point the Leo was making just by me having (possessing) the PA permit while my MD permit was expired ( or going to expire soon ) would be enough of me breaking some sort of law .

I must admit this is not the first time this has happened , he came on strong and stern . I told him I would not break any laws and will mail the PA permit back 5 days before my MD permit would expire .

It is a stupid game I know, but we all must play . I am not sure of the exact law or mandate but I am not fighting this guy when I will just open carry .

Seems dumb to me when I can OC .

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Not defending the PA Sherriff’s apparent statutory overreach, but...

Isn’t the PA permit property of the Sherriff’s office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom