• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Semi-autos were not banned 100%:

"Pennsylvania has decided not to allow hunters to take big game with semi-automatic firearms, an about-face from earlier talks. Small game hunters can use semi-autos; however, turkey hunters can not."

Pennsylvania Prohibits Semi-Autos for Big Game Hunting:
    http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/penn-semi-auto/

Last edited:

starmetal

Apr 5, 2017
    PA Semi-Auto

I grew up there and was glad to move away from there. I'm also shocked that Trump took the state in votes as PA has been Democrat for as long as I can remember. Now the semi-auto issue. It's crazy. It was said there that some of the non-ant-second-amendment hunters said they don't want to see semi-auto users blazing up the woods with bullets. Hell, they ought to see what a crazy 16 year old boy can do with a 7 seven shot Model 94 Winchester and reload it in record breaking time and get off a total of 14 shots that would make your head spin. Long story to that. It's crazy that you can use a semi-auto shotgun for small game and bird there, and you can use your shotgun with slugs to hunt deer, BUT you can't use that semi-auto shotgun with slugs for deer. Make sense? I don't care what anyone thinks someone somewhere in the regulations process is anti-semi-auto and anti-something else too!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The first deer I ever took, I took with an AK. Running shot at 70 yards with open sights. Only took one shot so I guess I didn't "need" a semi (although I am against the restrictions against them). Most of the rest have been with my old lever action .30/30 or my Springfield .30-06. The only deer I ever wounded was with a 12 ga. Left a bad taste in my mouth, so I try and hunt with a rifle whenever I can... just my preference.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Word on the street is a couple Fudd/anti comission members cooked up a bogus "survey" and pushed to stop the inevitable. There is an effort to replace them, especially after the first rule allowing semis was passed, being this was pushed by the NRA, a LOT of pro-gun legislators, and a lot of hunters, there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    When doing my pheasant hunt up there this year, all I heard was anti-semi talk from guides and other hunters. They questioned the safety of it. I asked them how it could be any less safe than someone with a lever action or pump shotgun or rifle. They couldn't really come up with an answer that wasn't just conjecture. Know your target and what is beyond it. If you do that, it doesn't matter if you're shooting bolt, semi, or F/A. If the argument is that you don't want unsafe hunters having the ability to put more shots in the air, then you need to tackled unsafe hunters with tougher tests and licensing procedures.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Surprised? Really?

Attachments

• 4927658174_981e6cd63e_z.jpg
      4927658174_981e6cd63e_z.jpg
      37 KB · Views: 139

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    It's not an anti-2A thing..... .....They are just afraid inexperienced people will be lighting up the woods

Sounds like the same "blood will run in the streets" hysteria anti-gunners use. Like anti-gunners, they won't let facts (like no other state having this problem) get in the way of their emotional arguement.

Many hunters (and other gun owners) really are anti 2A. They don't support anyone's rights to own anything beyond their preferred deer rifle. We can be our own worst enemy at times.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sounds like the same "blood will run in the streets" hysteria anti-gunners use. Like anti-gunners, they won't let facts (like no other state having this problem) get in the way of their emotional arguement.

Many hunters (and other gun owners) really are anti 2A. They don't support anyone's rights to own anything beyond their preferred deer rifle. We can be our own worst enemy at times.

Sad, but true on both counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom