• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    DISREGARD

Did a search and located: When you go to buy a new fishing, hunting or boating license, don't be surprised when you're asked to give your Social Security number.
    Since 2003, state and federal laws have mandated that the state collect Social Security numbers when issuing recreational licenses.

Why the need for Social Security numbers? Blame deadbeat parents.
    Having Social Security numbers linked to recreational licenses helps child support agents do their jobs, said Pat Hines, a spokesman for the state Department of Human Resources.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    DISREGARD

Did a search and located: When you go to buy a new fishing, hunting or boating license, don't be surprised when you're asked to give your Social Security number.
    Since 2003, state and federal laws have mandated that the state collect Social Security numbers when issuing recreational licenses.

Having Social Security numbers linked to recreational licenses helps child support agents do their jobs, said Pat Hines, a spokesman for the state Department of Human Resources.

I have purchased both and did not use SSN.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I can always remember having to provide my SS when buying a license to hunt in PA since about 95 or so. For a period it was an out of state license so I thought it was just a requirement for oos non-resident for bear tag or something. When I bought my first resident license I learned from county agent it was for child support follow up. Whether this information was entirely correct or not I'm not sure. All I know was to become licensed I had to give ss#.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    trying to draw some western hunts they asked for SSN's. seems kinda stupid as there is no verification, so it's just the honor system.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013

So due to the inability of government to properly punish offenders, force everyone to divulge PII.

Got it! :mad54: :tdown:

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I get my PA Non-Res license every year. They only asked for it once, when they started the new electronic system. I take my expired license with me when I renew. I think just about all the states have gone with the electronic system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom