• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Trop gun shop in elizabethtown, pa announced on Facebook they will bt be attending the show now because of the demands to not allow modern sporting rifles, 30rnd mags etc.

They are one of my regular haunts, figured the owner wouldn't put up with this, glad to see his response, I'll be sure to head down and buy something and let him know why.

Do you have any more info on this place? My parents just moved to Elizabethtown last summer and I could use a place to stop when I go up to visit.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's not in Philly, it's in Harrisburg, if it gets any further,... I won't go.

As far as them not allowing "assault" stuff, at least I will keep the crowds down. It's a freakin madhouse there most days.

My bad then. I thought it was the Philly one. Same point. Just move it to where people will appreciate it more.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Fortunately, a select fire rifle has been way outta my budget for years...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Do you have any more info on this place? My parents just moved to Elizabethtown last summer and I could use a place to stop when I go up to visit.

http://www.tropgun.com/

It is one of my favorite shops, they have good deals when they run a sale, decent prices on some stuff, MD friendly(will sell 30rd mags and ship regulated to a MD dealer), they have a decent reloading selection, and usually lots of inventory. Kinsey outdoors is about 1/4 mile down the road on the other side of 283, large outdoor/gun shop, there is Backwoods outfitters in Columbia, Hakes in Wrightsville, and Laymans in East prospect about 15-30 minutes south too. You don't have to go far to find a ton of shops up here.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Will they have jerky? If so count me in!!!:sarcasm:

antique-beef-jerky-cha-ching-.jpg

Buddy

Aug 2, 2010
    PA
    It never was a gun show. It is a sportsman show hunting and fishing stuff. I been going for about 15 years and up till 2 years ago you never seen a gun for sale. But I won't be going again.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    If this is correct I've gone to the last Harrisburg show and all the money I've spent and people I've taken with me will not be back period.I can see my money is not welcomed there anymore:mad54:

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    From the show website:

"As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests."

In case anyone is interested in emailing the organizing company.

easternsportshow@reedexpo.com

Funny how ReedExpo also puts on Shot Show.

I hope the sponsors of the HBurg show Outdoor Channel, Cabela's, Comcast, Progressive know what's going on.

http://www.easternsportshow.com/Home/

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    The Harrisburg Show for those that have been know that it is not a "Gun Show", it's an outdoors show with more knives, bows and outfitters in one place. As firearms go there is few little other then custom rifles and black powder. It's a hunter's and fishermen's show. You want to book a hunt or buy a bow or eat some popcorn that's the place to go. Clothes, packs, boots, gloves, field glasses , targets and stuffed things that's what you will find there. Chris

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I certainly wouldn't call the sportsmans show a "gun show" however I don't agree with vendors being old what they can't bring due to the political climate.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I certainly wouldn't call the sportsmans show a "gun show" however I don't agree with vendors being old what they can't bring due to the political climate.

Not defending the promoters but over the years many of the guns shows have told vendors where and what they can sell. The old Pikesville show promoter would walk around and if saw something he didn't like on your table he would tell you to take it off or leave. The Maryland Antique Arms Show is the same way, so it's nothing new but given the current climate it has raised people dander. Wendy (better hunter than me more kills) and I have been going for years, we see people we have hunted with or know from all across the country. This year you know what the talk we be about, how many phones calls and emails will come out of this show to Washington and the different state legislators. The of us in the shooting sports get involved in the political fight the better it is. Chris

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    From the show website:

"As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests."

/QUOTE]
    Will there be any good deals on fly rods there?

Mikey Supe

AMERICAN INFIDEL
    Jan 3, 2013
    PA/MD Border
    WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT. Pennsylvania is suppose to be the "State of Independence", according to their Welcome Signs or did they change that too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom