• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    That's a nice mall. Went and saw Noah with my son there. He was talking about the shooting and I told him it was the safest place because it just happened and lightening rarely strikes twice. I noticed I was people watching and exit watching while I was watching the movie.

Then Fort Hood happened the next day. Then this stabbing crap happens today. We are no longer really and truly safe.

And don't try the Key Lime cheesecake at the Factory. It's addictive.

We never were truly safe, and never will be truly safe. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem, and all. :)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    At the risk of being a thread Nazi, twenty 14-17 year old kids being stabbed by some disgusting freak of nature is not a joking matter.

Their brains are still forming and this could harm them, long term, if they don't get the proper help to deal with it.

I'm sick and tired of innocence being robbed from the innocent.

They don't pull this crap in a Biker Bar or at the local VFW.

It's ALWAYS those that can't defend themselves.

End of rant.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    We never were truly safe, and never will be truly safe. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem, and all. :)

Maybe those old guys had a good idea when they wrote that 2nd amendment after all... Phsaw, nah, no way. Their ideas are so antiquated we need to rewrite that pesky amendment. :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am waiting to hear whether this was inspired by "The Following" Will we see a discussion about regulating the 1st amendment for public safety and taking the show off the air?

If you don't know what I am talking check out "The Following" (Fox, I think).

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am waiting to hear whether this was inspired by "The Following" Will we see a discussion about regulating the 1st amendment for public safety and taking the show off the air?

Remember??? Kids aren't influenced by violent TV, movies, or games.

Hollywood has told us that.
    :mad54:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I understand that and I refuse to don bubble wrap each day in an attempt to remain fully protected, but this is just getting out of hand.

The more it happens the more I want SCOTUS to step in an ORDER carry laws for the entire nation.

It's just not happening fast enough on the state level.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I heard one report that some wounds were about 2" long, making me think kitchen knife.

These things are awful, but the whole country is going through a learning process as bad things happen with knives, shotguns, pistols, bats, etc. -- i.e. that school and office security needs to exist in preparation for multiple threats (and going after modern sporting rifles won't solve the problem.)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

I don't watch, although I've heard a lot about it.

Does this incident mirror one from the show?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Police chief doing press conference just said he had 2 knives.

Doctor says most wounds are lower abdomen. 3 in surgery right now at that facility.

Deep penetrating injuries. :(

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    ...But here's the really unthinkable part: 20 people in a High School? You mean we have puss irised all the teenage boys so much that no one would pounce on this F-ER after the first person was stabbed?! If that would have happened in my school, I know of a half dozen boys that would have rushed him within the first 10 seconds. ...

+1 for my high school, although thinking back, it might have been multiple chairs and desks flying in the direction of the attacker instead of tackling him. That was the M.O. for a couple incidents I witnessed.

Same difference though, there was never a shortage of boys willing to fight. Hell, we had a good number of girls that would swing a fist, too.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    An "Assault Slashing"...

Funny, though... I have 2 on me right now, and they are behaving nicely.

I wonder what would happen if I put them in the same pocket...

Don't do that!!!! Next thing you know, they'll be 5.

Anyway...

The doctor says he's a ob/gyn - he and his team delivered several of these kids and their moms are their patients. On edge of tears when saying this.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    TWENTY now.

WTF is wrong with some people?

Our country has lost its bearings.

short thread jack question.

i am 50, when i was in high school in southern md every boy i knew had a knife on their side or in their pocket. little if anything was said about it. during hunting season you could find guns in the racks of pick up trucks in the parking lot. in my fathers day they took the guns to school and kept them in the gun closet to use hunting after school.

i do not remember a time when mass shootings or stabbings took place back then but we didnt watch much tv or read any new papers so maybe i missed it.

my question is WTF has happened since then to cause this stuff??
    WTF is wrong with some people now a days??

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

i am 50, when i was in high school in southern md every boy i knew had a knife on their side or in their pocket. little if anything was said about it. during hunting season you could find guns in the racks of pick up trucks in the parking lot. in my fathers day they took the guns to school and kept them in the gun closet to use hunting after school.

i do not remember a time when mass shootings or stabbings took place back then but we didnt watch much tv or read any new papers so maybe i missed it.

My guess would be a shortage of daddy's and a plethora of sperm donors, for a start.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't watch, although I've heard a lot about it.

Does this incident mirror one from the show?

Without any facts about the incident in PA, it's hard to know. In the show this season, the cultists have staged knife attacks... in a dorm, in a bookstore, on the street. The only real commonality is knives and the desire for terror and publicity.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    My guess would be a shortage of daddy's and a plethora of sperm donors, for a start.

i believe thats part of it but there is something different about the way some younger people act than i remember back when i was in school.

it seems there is a general lack of respect for themselves and for older folks and those in positions of authority.

i remember the dont trust anyone over thirty and f the man stuff from the 60's and 70's but i dont remember this kind of violence with that.

there must be an underlying cause.

maybe you are right about the no daddy kids. maybe kids dont get beat for being bad or taught respect or decency. damn if i can figure it out.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Somewhere along the line, America/Americans is/are at the end of their collective ropes.

There is a deep seated, fundamental shift taking place in our society.

Be it lack of family unity, lack of jobs, lack of money, lack of compassion, lack of empathy, lack of morals, too many deployments, too many dear John letters, etc.....

The past six to ten years has been brutal for some folks and I think these folks are simply past their breaking points. And a lot of these struggles are not only felt by the parents and bread winners of the house, but felt by their children as well.

For all we know, this could have been a straight "A" student with a promising life ahead of him. He could have been told by his parents, last night, that despite all of his hard work and dedication that they can't afford to send him to college.

Obviously I'm just spit balling here. But we are becoming more and more broken as a society each and every day.

When people are tired, and people are frustrated, and people see no light and the end of a very long and difficult tunnel, they snap.

And in a very perverse way, snapping is normal or it wouldn't be an emotion or an act that lives within the human brain.

We need to find out why these people are snapping. And we need to be told the truth.

Unfortunately, our government isn't too keen on that lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom