• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    What happened to Utah? Handgunlawus says that Utah is no longer listed on PA reciprocity list

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    PA site says PA resident may apply for Utah permit. Utah not listed in the category 2 reciprocity states

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Don't think PA honors a VA non-resident permit.

I just read the change made back last year. They do but not if your a PA resident. EDIT After rereading the MOU...this is wrong. Non resident VA permits don't fly in PA. Sorry.
    I also read their website again and Utah is not listed as a state they specifically do not recognize:

Category 5: State does not recognize or grant licenses/permits to individuals from another state, currently does not extend reciprocal privileges to Pennsylvania license holders, or has not indicated current status.

•Alabama
    •California
    •Delaware
    •Illinois
    •Minnesota
    •Nebraska
    •Nevada
    •New Jersey
    •New Mexico
    •New York
    •Ohio
    •Oregon
    •Rhode Island
    •South Carolina

I look at this as if Utah is not disallowed...

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I just read the change made back last year. They do but not if your a PA resident. EDIT After rereading the MOU...this is wrong. Non resident VA permits don't fly in PA. Sorry.
    I also read their website again and Utah is not listed as a state they specifically do not recognize:

I look at this as if Utah is not disallowed...

I would agree the way I read it also. But, I don't want to find out I'm wrong while in state. They don't really explain what what "by application" means?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Are you looking at the chart here?
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/USStatesThatHonorMyPermit.pdf

I think I see some inaccuracies. They state that FL honors UT permit w/o any qualifiers. I'm pretty sure FL only honors UT RESIDENT permits. They make this distinction other places. Better to get info from the PA AG site.

All tha said I'm interested in finding out because PA is pretty much the only place I carry.

Not me. I used it once but learned never to trust it. I've been taught and rightly so, to go to the state's website for correct up to date information.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    Today the PA AG Updated their listing. They removed Utah as a state they honor. Surprised they did it on a Sunday. But the Utah Permit either resident or non resident is no longer valid in PA.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Today the PA AG Updated their listing. They removed Utah as a state they honor. Surprised they did it on a Sunday. But the Utah Permit either resident or non resident is no longer valid in PA.

Link to said information?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

Nice. I applied for my Utah permit because they no longer recognized my Virginia. I haven't even received my Utah permit yet. :sad20:

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Agreed.:thumbsup: Your info matches what I have known from previous research. My post mostly meant for the OP.

I was referring to the PA site. Handgun us was what brought my attention to it. As Gary said, they changed it today.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I don't doubt they would change it. The PA AG was bought and paid for by Bloomberg.
    Considering the main reason I go my UT permet was for PA this sucks.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I don't doubt they would change it. The PA AG was bought and paid for by Bloomberg.
    Considering the main reason I go my UT permet was for PA this sucks.

I'm afraid PA isn't far behind MD, NJ and NY. Now I have to convince my father to leave the state.

Dec 31, 2012
    Well, hell. I was just there a month ago with a handgun while camping.
    I guess my choice of camping locations just got narrowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom