• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I know there are a few folks on here that have one and I'm just trying to figure out which townships have you guys used to obtain it. I have my MD carry permit so I know I am eligible for a pa non resident but my understanding from what I have read says certain townships make it easier than others. I live about 10 min from Hanover if it makes a difference.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Nothing but good things to say about the troopers at the York county permit office. As soon as he referred to Md as a ridiculous Nazi state I knew I was in the right place. Took all of 10 minutes and I was out the door with my permit. Mailed application on a Wednesday. Friday at 8am my phone rang to tell me to come pick up my permit. Went on that Saturday and grabbed it.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    So PA doesn't recognize your MD permit BUT you have to have a MD permit to easily get a PA permit, which they DO recognize. Am I the only one that sees how illogical that is?

Or is it that they just want to get $20 from you and have you in their database??

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I'd guess that because Maryland won't recognize their's, they won't go through the trouble of setting up a reciprocity agreement.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I think ANY non-resident needs a permit from their home state if they want a PA LTCF, not just MD.

Utah is the same way, they just make an exception for MD because they realize most MD residents can't get one.
    Edit: Since I keep getting corrected by the Utah guys

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    So PA doesn't recognize your MD permit BUT you have to have a MD permit to easily get a PA permit, which they DO recognize. Am I the only one that sees how illogical that is?

Or is it that they just want to get $20 from you and have you in their database??
    There is no way the $20 covers their costs. Adams County actually called my references.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom