• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Do they actually check references for PA resident LTCF, and do they have to be people who live in PA?

I moved up here about a year ago and I don't know anyone around here well enough to ask them to vouch for me on something like that.

They don't always actually call the references as far as I can tell. And they don't have to be PA residents. All of mine were in MD. The answers may vary county to county.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    That sucks.

If your county uses the new system (What my sheriff called it a couple of years ago). Then the references are not contacted.

You will do the thumb-print, picture, PICS, and have your card walking out of the sheriff's office..

What thumb-print?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    They don't always actually call the references as far as I can tell. And they don't have to be PA residents. All of mine were in MD. The answers may vary county to county.

Adams County called all 3 of my references on the same day, none were PA residents.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Some check, some don't. There isn't a stipulation in the law about references even being US citizens, let alone residents of PA or any particular county. However, some county sheriff's have taken it upon themselves to (illegally) require certain residency stipulations. I've heard everything from must be a PA resident, to must live in this county to must be a resident of the county for at least a year.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom