• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Sorry pa brothers. Looks like they just called the gov race. Not good.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Saw that too. I doubt it will affect CCW for PA residents but I'm guessing those of us with non-resident Utah, Florida and VA permits are up without.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My guess that the liberal mind-virus that exists in DC, MD and NY would eventually spread to PA is coming true. Let's see if their state legislature and AG can hold off the democrat gov.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Bart, the lemmings got their wish, probably at your expense. Wolf wants to keep raising taxes to the moon. He's been talking about taxing the sh*t out of everything to make things "better". As always, will have the opposite effect.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Bart, the lemmings got their wish, probably at your expense. Wolf wants to keep raising taxes to the moon. He's been talking about taxing the sh*t out of everything to make things "better". As always, will have the opposite effect.

Hell, I'll go to foreclosure just after my second payment! Good thing I sill have the humble abode in Md to fall back on. :sad20:

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    My dad lives not far from Bucknell. He's about fed up with the rising cost of living in PA. I keep trying to convince him to move to TN but at 85, he's probably going to just wait it out.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Hell, I'll go to foreclosure just after my second payment! Good thing I sill have the humble abode in Md to fall back on. :sad20:
    I've been waiting for today to decide on buying a second house there. Right now I'm thinking my plans are toast.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The PA Governorship usually flips every 8 years anyway, the legislature will be the real indication if we will have a stalemate or if it will be bad. Still can't understand how Wolf even had a chance, he was basically running on "I'll tax everyone but you, details after the election". Corbett basically got blamed for the Penn State scandal, nobody has any idea why, but it's enough to cost the election. Without HEAVY Republican support in the majority of the state Philly's unwashed masses can't be overcome.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I still think it's a bit early, the polls closed only 35 minutes ago and votes are still being counted...

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/11/major_networks_are_calling_pa.html#incart_big-photo

UbeAr2v.jpg

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Sorry pa brothers. Looks like they just called the gov race. Not good.

It was more than that. The sitting Republican kept tapping the state pension fund and then failed to repay it.

So you have a republican 2a supporter RAPING the pension fund and a democrat who is anti 2a promising not to touch it.

Do you want to have your retirement or your 2a rights?

Tough choice.

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    The PA Governorship usually flips every 8 years anyway, the legislature will be the real indication if we will have a stalemate or if it will be bad. Still can't understand how Wolf even had a chance, he was basically running on "I'll tax everyone but you, details after the election". Corbett basically got blamed for the Penn State scandal, nobody has any idea why, but it's enough to cost the election. Without HEAVY Republican support in the majority of the state Philly's unwashed masses can't be overcome.

He wasn't blamed on the scandal itself, he was blamed for being quiet about it until the election was over. That hurt him badly.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    They were pissed about gas taxes as well. They (i.e. Pittsburgh vs W. MD) are paying $.40+ more per gallon than in MD.

I was there last weekend and they all said Corbett didn't have a chance.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    There are rumors lawmakers are considering the MD model for issuing a wear/carry permit in PA and get rid of the current protocol, which is simply being law abiding without a record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    There are rumors lawmakers are considering the MD model for issuing a wear/carry permit in PA and get rid of the current protocol, which is simply being law abiding without a record.

The governor and the AG may be left of center.

The legislature is right of center. Republicans will have a 35-vote majority in the House and a 10-vote majority in the Senate.

I do not see any future infringments at present, only the status quo. Besides, there is case law on our side in PA.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    PA is a more liberal state then MD. Just so happens MD has PG, Mont. Co., and Baltimore county that screw up the entire state. PA taxes suck, schools suck,economy suck and always have. The only thing PA has thats better is more space and a judicial system that actually punishes criminals. Its not much better up there, I know, I've spent most of my life there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom