• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There are rumors lawmakers are considering the MD model for issuing a wear/carry permit in PA and get rid of the current protocol, which is simply being law abiding without a record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to happen without passing laws to replace current ones and losing cases to overturn current caselaw. Wolf might want to, but won't happen with the now larger republican majority in both houses and a lot of nervous blue collar and rural democrats.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I have been looking to move to PA. I believe there is more industry, they seem to actually make things there. I see so little industry in MD other than construction. Housing costs alone are urging me, the difference is drastic! Ryan homes continues to spreads it's destruction of open space in MD, it's sickening.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    No tinfoil needed, PA just needs a few election cycles of gerrymandering then they can be #MarylandStatus

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've been waiting for today to decide on buying a second house there. Right now I'm thinking my plans are toast.

I just spent two weeks in Indiana, PA and life there is infinity better than here in Laurel, MD. Hardly saw a LEO, stores aren't manned by armed guards, no shootings, stabbings, rapes, home invasions. We are leaving Maryland after 36years; this f... place has slid into the abyss, and Hogan, as much as I like what he stands for, won't be able to turn it around. Going back to my roots and to where unruly Zulus, Illegals and misfits of all races and colors are not tolerated.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret--'84)
    Unsafe, MD 20769

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Something's are obvious though. I'm in West Virginia often. In a WV county nearly the same size as Harford County, but with 12,000 residents versus 250,000 here. It will be obvious why you never notice the same amount of law enforcement. Each incorporated town has its full time chief, and 1 or 2 part time officers.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I just spent two weeks in Indiana, PA and life there is infinity better than here in Laurel, MD. Hardly saw a LEO, stores aren't manned by armed guards, no shootings, stabbings, rapes, home invasions. We are leaving Maryland after 36years; this f... place has slid into the abyss, and Hogan, as much as I like what he stands for, won't be able to turn it around.

IUP homecoming?

If you follow the local news, most of the trouble are the college kids from Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Sometimes there are stabbings in the wee hours when the bars close, because idiots get beer muscles. There was a shooting not too long ago, IIRC.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    There are rumors lawmakers are considering the MD model for issuing a wear/carry permit in PA and get rid of the current protocol, which is simply being law abiding without a record.

Well that would be a first, not State has even left ( shall issue ) status in modern day once it's the standard. The reasoning is, crime always goes down, so there is no argument for it. I would be shocked if this happened in PA.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Well that would be a first, not State has even left ( shall issue ) status in modern day once it's the standard. The reasoning is, crime always goes down, so there is no argument for it. I would be shocked if this happened in PA.

They will try. They may not succeed. I need to talk to my contacts next york show..

I sure hope they fail.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I just spent two weeks in Indiana, PA and life there is infinity better than here in Laurel, MD. Hardly saw a LEO, stores aren't manned by armed guards, no shootings, stabbings, rapes, home invasions.

Big problem there is comparing to Laurel. Come out to western MD (other than Frederick city) and it's a different world in every way, even if hampered by infringements from Annapolis.

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.

Where did you hear that? According to the tabloids in the grocery store, Jesus is alive and living in Brazil with Big Foot but that doesn't make it the truth. Tom Wolf wants to be re-elected in two years and with a GOP landslide victory, it's extremely doubtful that he even attempts to go near the CCW permit. He needs to make some eye opening improvements otherwise his $10,000,000 privately paid campaign fund will be spent in vein. I heard talk that he would like magazine restrictions and if he had his way, assault weapon confiscation but the key element of all this is, he doesn't make all the rules, just some of them.
    He finds too much value in state run liquor stores and money squandering within an entire commission dedicated to one damn road, the PA turnpike. I'm surprised that there isn't Fire Hydrant Commissions, Traffic Signal Commissions, Reflective Signage Commissions and Ridiculous Commission Commissions.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Pennsylvanians should have been able to keep him from getting elected, either way.

Now is a good time regardless of blue and red flip flopping governors to make sure people vote.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Hell, been here since 9/2............ would be HAPPY if we could just get the Pa drivers license without a birth cert that doesn't exist! :lol2: :facepalm:

If I were an illegal Bobo loving pos........ no problem. :sad20:

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    Pennsylvanians should have been able to keep him from getting elected, either way.

Now is a good time regardless of blue and red flip flopping governors to make sure people vote.

Explain that? You have to do the math. The population density in the Philadelphia and Pittsburg area is ten times that of the rural counties and that's where Wolf and his supporters focused on.
    I work for a large company and there are probably 10% of the work force who vote. People don't care any longer. They want cheap gas, a good wage and low taxes. The rest is unimportant. Even the gun owners who complain about restrictive laws and pending doom for their hobby don't vote. It's pathetic and the Democrats love it.

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    Corbett didn't help himself with that either, by raising the gasoline tax.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013...shering-in-higher-gas-taxes-and-70-mph-speed/

This is a big ruse in my opinion. The gas tax was raised partly due to the state wide bridge repair project and when you look at the size of the bridges that are being built in place of the ones deteriorating, they are strong enough for a battle tank to cross. It would be too obvious if the feds furnished the money for the bridge work and they were all over built for simple commercial traffic. The gas tax was raised and now the state claims there are sufficient funds for the mammoth bridges, that could allow military vehicles to cross small creeks.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Explain that? You have to do the math. The population density in the Philadelphia and Pittsburg area is ten times that of the rural counties and that's where Wolf and his supporters focused on.
    I work for a large company and there are probably 10% of the work force who vote. People don't care any longer. They want cheap gas, a good wage and low taxes. The rest is unimportant. Even the gun owners who complain about restrictive laws and pending doom for their hobby don't vote. It's pathetic and the Democrats love it.

I'm not sure I can explain it, PA is at least 5x larger than MD albeit a few more high density cities with few people per square mile in vast rural landscapes, still seems do able that people could have voted the other way if more came out to vote.

I looked at the total votes, each PA governors canidate had like 250,000 more votes as compared to MD.

How many million registered voters didn't vote? Maybe it would have even been worse if they did, no clue.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    This is a big ruse in my opinion. The gas tax was raised partly due to the state wide bridge repair project and when you look at the size of the bridges that are being built in place of the ones deteriorating, they are strong enough for a battle tank to cross. It would be too obvious if the feds furnished the money for the bridge work and they were all over built for simple commercial traffic. The gas tax was raised and now the state claims there are sufficient funds for the mammoth bridges, that could allow military vehicles to cross small creeks.

How many millions in Pa have yet to see a bridge of consequence? They see gas is 15 to 20 cents CHEAPER in Maryland, that's all they need.

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    How many millions in Pa have yet to see a bridge of consequence? They see gas is 15 to 20 cents CHEAPER in Maryland, that's all they need.[/QUOTE]

If you think the price of gasoline is enough to swing voters, you are sadly mistaken. I only see a .10 difference all the way to the other side of the Key bridge. I have a 30 gallon tank and that's a difference of $3 per tank. I use on average, two tanks a week so that's $312 per year I'm going to save and I'm going to vote based on that? That's ridiculous. Voting isn't a gas tax issue. I can pay the tax but I can't pay to have my guns back when they're gone. I can't pay to keep immigrants out of my neighborhood.
    The cheap gas mentality is what let Natural Gas fracking get a foot hold in northern Pa and now its too late to change.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I just spent two weeks in Indiana, PA and life there is infinity better than here in Laurel, MD. Hardly saw a LEO, stores aren't manned by armed guards, no shootings, stabbings, rapes, home invasions. We are leaving Maryland after 36years; this f... place has slid into the abyss, and Hogan, as much as I like what he stands for, won't be able to turn it around. Going back to my roots and to where unruly Zulus, Illegals and misfits of all races and colors are not tolerated.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret--'84)
    Unsafe, MD 20769

I was a life long resident of PA grew up in Pittsburgh and I am an IUP graduate. That being said I still have friends in the Indiana Pa area and it is running wild with heroin and meth. Don't let the sunny sky and college campus fool you. This is not speculation it is fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom