• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    "It's a shame somebody had to die. At the end of the day but the bad guy pulling the stick up - lost," said Supt. Chitwood."

I dont feel like there are enough thoughts like this around. It says the old guy was shook up that he killed someone - a 67 year old man probably doesn't think that he'd have to deal with that kind of emotional weight that late in life. I'm glad he's all right physically and the kid was clearly a criminal, but there's a part of me that feels for the guy.

Makes me wonder about regular people who pack heat also. Those of you here who do, do you feel like you are ready to kill someone and that you can live with it after?

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    He was just robbing people to pay his upcoming college tuition. He had turned his life around and would never hurt anyone. .....

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    "It's a shame somebody had to die. At the end of the day but the bad guy pulling the stick up - lost," said Supt. Chitwood."

I dont feel like there are enough thoughts like this around. It says the old guy was shook up that he killed someone - a 67 year old man probably doesn't think that he'd have to deal with that kind of emotional weight that late in life. I'm glad he's all right physically and the kid was clearly a criminal, but there's a part of me that feels for the guy.

Makes me wonder about regular people who pack heat also. Those of you here who do, do you feel like you are ready to kill someone and that you can live with it after?

I think about it every day. I've never had to take a human life, and have no interest in it. However, In self defense and the defense of my wife and kids, you can bet your sweet bippy.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Shouldn't be called a toy gun. You can kill someone with a pellet gun.

+1 for the good guys.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I never want to have to do it. But.... the better question is "will you be around to dwell on it if you don't do it?".

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

I do too. I've seen the aftermath of completely justifiable shootings destroy police officers. And I mean shootings where there was no doubt, actual shootouts, bad guy shoots, policeman shoots, last one to shoot wins. And even though the use of deadly force was completely justifiable and in fact necessary, I saw people still spiral down in years afterwards. I hope this gentleman gets through this okay and gets to enjoy his golden years without a cloud over his head all the time from this. Sounds from the news reports like he has a lot of community support and that will probably be important to him recovering from this incident. Shockingly, so far the Philly media hasn't opened up with a slew of "he was a good boy getting his life together" and crying mother pieces, at least from what I have seen.

But at the end of the day, the guy hopefully realizes that the world just isn't always fair in what it forces you to do to protect your own life. Sometimes you don't choose trouble, trouble chooses you.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Good, one less dirt bag and another cleaning crap out of his drawers knowing he could have died as well.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I do too. I've seen the aftermath of completely justifiable shootings destroy police officers. And I mean shootings where there was no doubt, actual shootouts, bad guy shoots, policeman shoots, last one to shoot wins. And even though the use of deadly force was completely justifiable and in fact necessary, I saw people still spiral down in years afterwards. I hope this gentleman gets through this okay and gets to enjoy his golden years without a cloud over his head all the time from this. Sounds from the news reports like he has a lot of community support and that will probably be important to him recovering from this incident. Shockingly, so far the Philly media hasn't opened up with a slew of "he was a good boy getting his life together" and crying mother pieces, at least from what I have seen.

But at the end of the day, the guy hopefully realizes that the world just isn't always fair in what it forces you to do to protect your own life. Sometimes you don't choose trouble, trouble chooses you.

This is an aspect of CCWing that we don't discuss much. We train to safely carry and shoot accurately but how many firearm safety classes include a PTSD segment?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Shot placement is what it's all about. A shot to the head will usually stop the bad guy. Way to go Good Guy!!!

Jim Smith

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Another Darwin award winner. Its shocking that someone would pull something like that in a shall issue state. I guess stupid knows no bounds.

Hopefully the victims chest pains aren't something serious. It says he was transported to the hospital and expected to be ok.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Another Darwin award winner. Its shocking that someone would pull something like that in a shall issue state. I guess stupid knows no bounds.

Hopefully the victims chest pains aren't something serious. It says he was transported to the hospital and expected to be ok.

the criminals don't know what shall issue means. Dopey looking old guy is probably the last person they expect to have a gun on them. Surprise :gun3:

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    the criminals don't know what shall issue means. Dopey looking old guy is probably the last person they expect to have a gun on them. Surprise :gun3:
    That's the beauty of concealed carry. The accomplice that was hiding in the bushes that ran after gunfire started will be sure to tell his home boys. This will spread quickly through that neighborhood. I bet it will have an impact on crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom