• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    This is insane. If they were to pass this, they would be worse than MD. Don't know they have the votes to pull it off.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    It isn't likely, PAFOA is already all over it and its companion in the PA Senate, SB445. The way the judiciary committees and the legislative houses are balanced, I doubt it'll even gain a toehold.

Every state has its liberal nut-jobs. Something like this would have trouble passing even in MD, but the progressives promised something to the people who voted for them, and they're going to throw it out there whether it has a chance in hell or not. Always a cause for concern when something like this comes up, but it has very little chance of getting anywhere.

PA is more of a hillbilly state than most people would believe. With the exception of the so-called "City of the First Class", most of PA consists of people who want the government to leave them alone. This bill accomplishes nothing but putting a bullseye on the backs of law-abiding citizens, and they won't stand for it. Wolf is in there because people got tired of Corbett's shadiness, not because they want to start adopting an Obama-style lib/prog stance on important issues.

Far beyond Federal law, the State of PA has RKBA enshrined in its State Constitution.

Either way, thank you for bringing this to people's attention, though. It helps identify the enemy so they can't operate under cover of darkness. If this gets out of committee, by some unholy miracle, I'll have to write some letters.

I agree, being from the western side of the Keystone State. I have noticed an increase in liberal thinking though. You know they spread like a virus. As soon as they find a nice new place to populate, they have to go and try to ruin it. Outside of Philly and the Burgh, it is a Red state. Hope they don't get too infected.

This is probably one of those: Hey look what I tried to accomplish!

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    House: 119 R to 83 D
    House Jud: 15 R to 10 D

Senate: 30 R to 19 D
    Senate Jud: 8 R to 4 D

So chances are NO.

Mine are both "R"s but neither is on a judiciary committee. So wait-and-see for now. :P

Great!. Now can you get my Utah permit to be valid again? I know they have a bill aimed at that, too. Any word?:)

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    It's interesting to see the kinds of bills being introduced in the PA GA. They have one (that interestingly has 3x the cosponsors of the registration-bill this thread is about) to do what Montana did...resolve that all firearms made and kept within PA's borders are not subject to Federal regulation under "interstate commerce". That's sure to get a veto and not sure if they can override it, but the fact that it gets so much support is encouraging.

Wolf and Kane will try to do what they can, but honestly your fight is with MD, not PA. If MD got rid of G&S, I'm sure PA would happily (Kane would grudgingly) reciprocate.

But I can see where it's a bit presumptuous for Utah to be able to authorize a Maryland man to carry in Pennsylvania.

Really, national reciprocity would put an end to all of this garbage. :P

Sure, if we could get MD to accept SD, we would all be happy campers.
    But, Utah never authorized us to carry in PA or any other state than Utah. Kane rewrote the PA reciprocity rules!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    It's interesting to see the kinds of bills being introduced in the PA GA. They have one (that interestingly has 3x the cosponsors of the registration-bill this thread is about) to do what Montana did...resolve that all firearms made and kept within PA's borders are not subject to Federal regulation under "interstate commerce". That's sure to get a veto and not sure if they can override it, but the fact that it gets so much support is encouraging.

Wolf and Kane will try to do what they can, but honestly your fight is with MD, not PA. If MD got rid of G&S, I'm sure PA would happily (Kane would grudgingly) reciprocate.

But I can see where it's a bit presumptuous for Utah to be able to authorize a Maryland man to carry in Pennsylvania.

Really, national reciprocity would put an end to all of this garbage. :P

With all due respect, Utah didn't authorize MD residents to carry in PA to start with, PA itself authorized that Utah non-resident was acceptable.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    It wont go anywhere. These bills pop up from time to time from the usual suspects. Would not comply anyway.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    House Speaker is Republican Mike Turzai. I don't see this coming up for a vote of any kind while the conservatives hold the agenda floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom