• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    We are looking around the Fayette/ Bethel Park area. I will be working just NE of the tip of Settlers Cabin Park just off of 376.

Dave

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    On a couple of weekends cruise up 28 to Butler to check out the outlet mall. Plenty of Gun stores along the way, and over by Kittanning also.

If you feel like exploring, go up 119 to Home, PA and visit Security Military Depot (listed in PAFOA.com).

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    On a couple of weekends cruise up 28 to Butler to check out the outlet mall. Plenty of Gun stores along the way, and over by Kittanning also.

If you feel like exploring, go up 119 to Home, PA and visit Security Military Depot (listed in PAFOA.com).

Hmmm....maybe moving to PA is a bad idea...for my wallet. :innocent0

If we move up there I will certainly have to stop in and check things out.

Thanks,

Dave

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    We are looking around the Fayette/ Bethel Park area. I will be working just NE of the tip of Settlers Cabin Park just off of 376.

Dave

Bethel Park is suburban Pittsburgh, don't think you'll do any shooting in your back yard. Fayetteville or further out Rt.22 would be a lot easier commute and get you out of the burbs.

Don't know what you'd be looking for in a house but think this with over an acre of land with a few neighbors http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1530-Candor-Rd_Bulger_PA_15019_M48788-38189?row=1

candor.jpg

vs. this with a little over a 1/4 acre and neighbors every which way you look http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3551-S-Park-Rd_Bethel-Park_PA_15102_M36076-73138?row=1
    South Park.jpg

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Bethel Park is suburban Pittsburgh, don't think you'll do any shooting in your back yard. Fayetteville or further out Rt.22 would be a lot easier commute and get you out of the burbs.

Don't know what you'd be looking for in a house but think this with over an acre of land with a few neighbors http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1530-Candor-Rd_Bulger_PA_15019_M48788-38189?row=1

View attachment 150898

vs. this with a little over a 1/4 acre and neighbors every which way you look http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3551-S-Park-Rd_Bethel-Park_PA_15102_M36076-73138?row=1
    View attachment 150899

Thanks for the input. Will look at the Fayetteville area. If we buy closer to Pittsburgh then I will simply look for property in the country I can setup a range on and go to for a few hours if I want. :D

Dave

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    There are a lot of PA game commission ranges scattered all over the place, for a place to shoot while you are looking for property to buy.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=620410&mode=2

Cool. I have a friend that belongs to a couple of ranges near where we are moving. he said they are pretty nice. Big concern is being able to shoot Class 3/NFA items. With the round count restrictions I am told exists at the public ranges I may need to forgo them. But, it is a fall back plan.

Thanks,

Dave

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    If we ever get relocated to our roots in western PA, I'll be shooting bucks off the back deck and groundhogs out the lower level window. Cheers and a cold Iron City on me.

Lew--Ranger63

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA

Dave

You must be over by Bayer. I used to live 4 miles from there. That is a great area. I would look at the Clinton-Moon area. Basically anything West of I-79.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Never been to Pittsburgh have ya? Obviously not.

Pittsburgh is a city that does not live up to it's stereotype at all. Go back 3-4 decades and it did. I love Pittsburgh. I find great new places to eat every time I'm there.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Pittsburgh is a city that does not live up to it's stereotype at all. Go back 3-4 decades and it did. I love Pittsburgh. I find great new places to eat every time I'm there.

They ruined Pittsburgh, when Liberty Avenue was cleaned up! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom