• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    The move from Columbia, MD to Hanover PA is finally complete. I'm all unpacked and settled in :D

I even found someone to take that 55 inch big screen TV, (I had up for free in the classifieds) I wasn't able to move :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had some internet connection issues with comcast initially, so I decided to go buy my own modem and router and that fixed all the issues. The new comcast gateway modems with built in router are terrible, don't waste you money on renting them, buy your own, it pays for itself the first year, since you aren't renting theirs permanently.

I went to Pendot and got my PA driver license squared away. I used my lease and change of address confirmation from the post office as proof of residence which worked fine. No need to wait for a utility bill.

I'll be dropping my application and check in the mail for license to carry firearms tomorrow.
    The sheriffs office gave me detailed instruction how to do everything without having to drive over to the station and saved me some gas money!!

I know my family made the right choice moving here, and look forward to meeting more of the community, and meeting some new friends to go shooting with locally :cool:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    How's your new commute compared to your old one?

I like PA but I would never move if my commute got significantly longer.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Congrats. America must be nice. If I ever moved to PA the first thing I would do is go buy a pistol and a new colt ar. Just because I could.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    How's your new commute compared to your old one?

I like PA but I would never move if my commute got significantly longer.

I don't have a commute anymore. I have been working remotely since December and have no plan on changing. I absolutely love working from home. the amount I save in gas and not paying for that damn tunnel both ways, is a pay raise.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Congrats. America must be nice. If I ever moved to PA the first thing I would do is go buy a pistol and a new colt ar. Just because I could.

The one thing I would like to get my hands on now that I'm here is an AK, and not be limited to pistols.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The move from Columbia, MD to Hanover PA is finally complete. I'm all unpacked and settled in :D

I even found someone to take that 55 inch big screen TV, (I had up for free in the classifieds) I wasn't able to move :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had some internet connection issues with comcast initially, so I decided to go buy my own modem and router and that fixed all the issues. The new comcast gateway modems with built in router are terrible, don't waste you money on renting them, buy your own, it pays for itself the first year, since you aren't renting theirs permanently.

I went to Pendot and got my PA driver license squared away. I used my lease and change of address confirmation from the post office as proof of residence which worked fine. No need to wait for a utility bill.

I'll be dropping my application and check in the mail for license to carry firearms tomorrow.
    The sheriffs office gave me detailed instruction how to do everything without having to drive over to the station and saved me some gas money!!

I know my family made the right choice moving here, and look forward to meeting more of the community, and meeting some new friends to go shooting with locally :cool:
    Now you can open carry correct?? Welcome to America :D

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    Congrats I'm dreading it but will be moving to red lion this sat got 2 u hauls booked good to know about the drivers lic

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I don't have a commute anymore. I have been working remotely since December and have no plan on changing. I absolutely love working from home. the amount I save in gas and not paying for that damn tunnel both ways, is a pay raise.

I wish I could telecommute my job. Cobgrats, enjoy your new home

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Congrats! This September, it's retire and off to our home in DE. Envy you. :-)

wish I could say I was retiring in a few months, congrats to you on your retirement!!

It is much different than Columbia here I must say. Folks are genuinely nice here, the clerk at the grocery store asks "hey how's it going?" and it wasn't with an eye roll, because it was his job.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Congratulations! Just wondering how long you lived in Columbia, I grew up there.

I spent roughly 3.5 years in Columbia. I have lived all over MD, grew up in Reisterstown, went to Frankin High. Lived in Owings Mills, Cockeysville, White Marsh, Forest Hill, uhhh I think that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom