PA gun shops not selling mags to MD residents...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    IANAL. However, my understanding is fireworks are also illegal in PA. I went to a PA fireworks store once to look around, before entering the store I had to sign a waiver stating that I was not a PA resident, that I would take the fireworks out of state within 24 hours, and discharge them outside the state of PA. Guess the shops each decide which adjoining state laws to abide by.

Now you have to file a permit to use them which is free. I buy what I want and tell them when and where I plan to use them during the next year. Most just put their home address and put a date range some time between now and next year.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I talked to the owner of Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury, PA and he makes a good amount of sales on MD residents wanting standard capacity AR Mags. Last time i was in there he said someone from MD bought 2 of the VEPR 12 drums that had just came out since they were illegal to sell in MD.

Last edited:

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I talked to the owner of Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury, PA and he makes a good amount of sales on MD residents wanting standard capacity AR Mags. Last time i was in there he said someone from MD bought 2 of the VEPR 12 drums that had just came out since they were illegal "to sell"in MD.

Sorry, I had to fix that for you.

Last edited:

microstar22

Apr 24, 2016
    I haven't had any issues with going up to Chambersburg to buy mags... can't believe the amount of misinformation floating around

ungawa

May 26, 2017
    I have been hearing this from people from Jersey and MD for 10 years. I have never, ever been carded for a mag, up and down the entire eastern half of PA. I have no idea who these guys are. And I got a lot of mags.

I do know a Dealer that would not send a Jersey cop a 17 round mag with the handgun he bought, but that was a firearm sale and a different animal. FFL must follow laws of both states when selling a firearm.

Exactly twice, in 10 years, I had a Walmart employee ask me whether my 9mm was for pistol or rifle. Both times I told the kiddies, "Machinegun," and then watched their fingers hover over the keyboard, trying to figure out what to do, until they finally decided just to push the "Make Him Go Away" button and took my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom