• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Will she lose her job NOW??!!

I think yes, unless they let her run the office from prison. :sarcasm:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/witnesses-attorney-general-leaked-files-lied-revenge-045612189.html
    Perjury, the only felony charged, can bring up to seven years in prison. The misdemeanor charges include conspiracy, official oppression and false swearing.

Gov. Tom Kane, a fellow Democrat, renewed his previous calls for Kane to step down. She already has lost her law license over the charges. However, officials in Pennsylvania do not have to resign over misconduct until they are sentenced.

In calling her a flight risk, the judge ordered Kathleen Kane, 50, to surrender her passport and threatened to jail her if she retaliated against the once-trusted aides who testified against her.

"The court is concerned, especially with respect to her potential to flee, particularly with her going to Haiti (in 2014) in the middle of her office's tumult, and leaving no one watching the store," Judge Wendy Demchick-Alloy told Kane's lawyers.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    She's guilty. All counts.

Pennsylvania’s Attorney General Is Convicted on All Counts http://nyti.ms/2biQYvR

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Crooked lawyers are the worst. My confidence in the system is somewhat renewed. It's a slow process but the jurors seemed to get it right based on the evidence that is available to the public. Now, will she appeal and try to stay on the job (hopefully not) or focus on staying out of prison?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Take the cane to Kane!

It is so rare to see politicians held accountable for crimes that don't involve outright theft, extortion it embezzling.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    From a story I just read, even though she was convicted on Monday, she still holds the office of Attorney General of PA. What's up with that?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The governor has requested that she step down many times. Each time, her answer was NO.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The governor has requested that she step down many times. Each time, her answer was NO.
    The Governor is a Democrat as well. I hope she continues to stay in the position until sentencing as an embarrassment to the party.

Anyone been keeping up on who replaces her? Does the Governor appoint someone before a new election, does an assistant AG step in before a new election, or is a special election held? I hope it's the last as a Republican contender can focus on Democratic criminality and overreach, vs allowing someone else from the Democratic party to build name recognition in the position before running.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The Governor is a Democrat as well. I hope she continues to stay in the position until sentencing as an embarrassment to the party.

Anyone been keeping up on who replaces her? Does the Governor appoint someone before a new election, does an assistant AG step in before a new election, or is a special election held? I hope it's the last as a Republican contender can focus on Democratic criminality and overreach, vs allowing someone else from the Democratic party to build name recognition in the position before running.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/08/whos_next_a_look_at_possible_m.html

The Governor appoints. A new one will be elected in November.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Apparently she didn't contribute enough to the Clinton Foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom