• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This is their Big One, the PA equivalent to 2A Tursday. Ironically, for this year, is on a Monday .

10A.m. , front steps of Capitol for speaches. Group lobbying of Legistators to follow.

Firearms are welcome, and encouraged, both open and concealed. No carry inside the Capitol building, but they have a gun check room . The Capitol PD does this routinely, has it down smoothly with a smile . Handguns only, rifles, SBR, etc are welcome at the Rally on the steps, but not able to check in.

2A people will usually have an Open Carry Breakfast at Cracker Barell before hand.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Wish I had time to take off work for this but no can do :(

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm in for this!

I don't intend to go inside the Capital building so I will take the opportunity to carry my rifle. And my Glock loved the Free Speech excursion to Harrisburg when President Trump held his rally there so Glock makes the trip too.

Our Patriot Picket 2A signs will Fit right in, too. If you are going you are welcome to hold one up for the media that will inevitably be there.

Let's talk about ride-sharing then.

Last edited:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    There's about 10 people so far in for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel at about 7:30, then off to the Capitol. Probably about 90% probability it will be inside the Capitol Rotunda, due to weather so you'll have to check you carry handgun (only) before you go in. Super easy to do, you can even pre-fill the form: https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ggUMAA&usg=AFQjCNH3idPED3zTTZHy2o9tzgGarvjSNw
    and the police are well accustomed to doing this so you'll be done in a jiffy. They tear off the bottom half for you to keep, then give it to them when you leave to get your gun back.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd love to go, but am swamped with previous commitments.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Long day that started with 4:30am wake up. Weather better than expected because 24 hours ago it was 90% chance of rain. Instead just misty at times.

ShafTed was Open Carrying a CZ-82. Biggfoot44 went revolver with a Ruger stainless single action, and I was caring my Glock .45. PA bans firearms in the state Capitol buildings so all guns and knives have to be checked to "security storage".

ShafTed, Biggfoot44 and I joined a crew of about a dozen PA activists known to them for this Lobby Day

Attachments

• IMG_7708.jpg
      IMG_7708.jpg
      77.6 KB · Views: 205

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Our Patriot Picket sign was the only sign at the rally of several hundred people. It seems the PA folks are partial to 2A vests with political slogans, but not signs.

Joining me is ShafTed, Jim from PFOA, and Biggfoot44.

Attachments

• IMG_7783.jpg
      IMG_7783.jpg
      97.9 KB · Views: 206

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Just for variety I brought our Patriot Picket media bashing sign. The media all captured images of the "Self Defense" sign, but they routinely moved their cameras away when this sign went up...

Attachments

• IMG_7717.jpg
      IMG_7717.jpg
      86 KB · Views: 205

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm sure that PA appreciated support of their brothers from the sunderland. Hopefully they can reciprocate in the future.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The featured speaker was noted firearms data researcher Dr. John Lott.

Of course he had to wait patiently while a string of PA politicians addressed the crowd.

Attachments

• IMG_7710.jpg
      IMG_7710.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 206

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I asked if we could grab a picture with Dr. Lott, and he agreed, but it's clear these Dog & Pony Shows compete with his wish to be crunching numbers and writing books.

Attachments

• IMG_7731.jpg
      IMG_7731.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 203

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Buying one of his autographed books later earned a bonus autograph for our PP sign. He told me he always needs to be very careful about posing in front of signs because he says his work is about researching Second Amendment infringement schemes and not about the politics.

Attachments

• IMG_7778.jpg
      IMG_7778.jpg
      85.4 KB · Views: 201
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca