• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Maybe one day we can auction off this sign with the John Lott autograph for MSI fundraising, but for now this sign is still in the fight.

Attachments

• IMG_7784.jpg
      IMG_7784.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 319
    Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Mission accomplished in helping snagging PA media attention in behalf of our PA brothers and sisters today. (Visuals matter because the media needs VISUAL CONTENT, but can't edit the message!)

We look forward to them aiding our fight in MD at some time in the future. (Of course, h/t to ShafTed, our MSI booth captain who is now a permanent PA resident.)

Attachments

• IMG_7770.jpg
      IMG_7770.jpg
      92.1 KB · Views: 301

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Great to meet our fellow 2A warriors in the Keystone State today.

We celebrated with an Open Carry Beer at Knotty Pine Tavern near York. Strapped up while enjoying a brewski--we were certainly not in the Free State.

Maybe one day...

Attachments

• IMG_7785.jpg
      IMG_7785.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 311

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Excellent. Thank you all for making the trip. Should see a number of you tomorrow night for the funfest in Crownsville.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

We celebrated with an Open Carry Beer at Knotty Pine Tavern near York. Strapped up while enjoying a brewski--we were certainly not in the Free State.

Maybe one day...

Maybe one day soon ... :beer:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    After the rally in the Rotunda, we did tag along for a good number of delegate and senatorial lobbying visits to round out the afternoon.

As opposed to the 90-day sprint we see with the MD legislature, PA engages in a TWO YEAR cycle of legislating. Bizarre and insane. The original "sprint" calendars brought citizen politicians to their state capitals for a few months to do the state's business and then return home to their lives.

This business of dragging out the work over two years ad nauseaum makes me nauseated.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    After the rally in the Rotunda, we did tag along for a good number of delegate and senatorial lobbying visits to round out the afternoon.

As opposed to the 90-day sprint we see with the MD legislature, PA engages in a TWO YEAR cycle of legislating. Bizarre and insane. The original "sprint" calendars brought citizen politicians to their state capitals for a few months to do the state's business and then return home to their lives.

This business of dragging out the work over two years ad nauseaum makes me nauseated.

The Patriot Pickets would wear out a LOT of shoe leather if the MD GA made a career of legislating like PA ... not that they don't already, just over a shorter period of time. :rolleyes:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The PA Capital complex is huge, and it's resemblence to the US Capitol means the grounds in Harrisburg are sometimes used as a stand-in for D.C. in TV shows and Hollywood movies.

Very disappointing to have the 2A rally moved inside. The result: no pictures of many folks carrying LOADED RIFLES to the steps of the Capital building. (I brought a rifle with fingers crossed for sunshine, but nope)

It would have made for dramatic pictures, but Mother Nature intervened. Oh, well, there's always next year.

Attachments

• IMG_7704.jpg
      IMG_7704.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 397
    Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Capital in Harrisburg even has vistas that mimic the view up North Capitol Street in Washington.

Right near this spot is the Secure Room where you turn over your firearm, mags, and knives in return for a "gun receipt". ("No tickee, no laundry")

The officers are very pleasant about it and no one we saw swept them with their loaded handguns.

Biggfoot44 brought something like an 8-inch barrel cowboy gun, sparking comments from the Capital Police asking him who helped him aim it....

Attachments

• IMG_7707.jpg
      IMG_7707.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 276

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    6.5in bbl, but in a holster for a 7.5in . Worn crossdraw for better comfort behind the wheel, doesn't stand out in the pics.

A good day today. Standing with my Md 2A brothers, and reuniting with some of my Pa 2A compatriots from previous Pa adventures.

The events filling the Capitol steps make a grand sight ( and have better acoustics ) but was not to be today. It would have been do-able in the light drizzle compared to previous years, but the organizers for all of the events today had moved indoors to the Rotunda.

Also present today were :

ABATE - Many of them expressed solidarity with us, and I wished them well in their efforts today. They explained they largely were in good stead, and were primarily maintaining vigilance and lines of communications.

Mystery Group - In what I could deduce from brief conversations, were in regards to a bill concerning payments from lobbyists to legislators, getting it out of committee to the floor. But there were diverse groups there on the issue, with widely different tactics. And seeming different and contradictory interests at first glance. I wiill need to look into the fine print of the situation before having an informed opinion.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The PA Capital complex is huge, and it's resemblence to the US Capitol means the grounds in Harrisburg are sometimes used as a stand-in for D.C. in TV shows and Hollywood movies.

Very disappointing to have the 2A rally moved inside. The result: no pictures of many folks carrying LOADED RIFLES to the steps of the Capital building. (I brought a rifle with fingers crossed for sunshine, but nope)

It would have made for dramatic pictures, but Mother Nature intervened. Oh, well, there's always next year.

attachment.php

Classic variation of pediments. Surbaissé and Circulaire

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You made me look that up. Most of the google results were in french, but I think you're refering to the design of the rooflines on different parts of the building ?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You made me look that up. Most of the google results were in french, but I think you're refering to the design of the rooflines on different parts of the building ?

Nice photo. Shows the detail in neoclassical buildings. Look at the three windows behind you. You'll see those over White House windows as well.

RL Suehr

May 24, 2017

Maybe one day...

Now that is taking advantage of freedom.

Very nice to meet you guys Monday and thanks for the support. Always appreciated.

ungawa

May 26, 2017
    Drop-Leg Jeff is awesome! We did laugh at his holster a little, but we are all adults, who cares? Screw it.

Everybody at PAFOA likes him and his buddies and appreciate the effort he and his friends put in. I think I have seen a few of them before and I thought they were from PA. That sign was Fing awesome! That was like the best sign I have ever seen. Yes, it was the only sign there. Drop-leg Jeff ran all over with it. He is very dedicated.

When we are outdoors there are more signs, flags, etc. Yes, we carry loaded rifles. Why would have a weapon as feasome as a rifle and not have it loaded? I made the paper two years in a row carrying. There was a very pretty girl that took photographs and asked me hiw to spell "Air 15" LOL. I was going to get her to neck with me this year but I was very sick and decided it was not worthwhile.

Drop-leg Jeff was at the end of the table at Cracker Barrel. I was the guy two seats from him with one hand and extra holes. He is a very nice guy and everybody liked him and appreciated his efforts, as we did the other people from MD. We gotta stick together!

Ed

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I think I speak for Drop-Leg Jeff in saying thanks for your high-five to our MDS crew, Ed.

Great to meet you and to stand with you!

Nice to me you too, RL Suehr. Welcome to forum!

I encourage you both to join the march of new members going over to the Introductions forum to say hello, officially.

Again, excellent to have you on board here.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Now that is taking advantage of freedom.

Very nice to meet you guys Monday and thanks for the support. Always appreciated.

Drop-Leg Jeff is awesome! We did laugh at his holster a little, but we are all adults, who cares? Screw it.

Everybody at PAFOA likes him and his buddies and appreciate the effort he and his friends put in. I think I have seen a few of them before and I thought they were from PA. That sign was Fing awesome! That was like the best sign I have ever seen. Yes, it was the only sign there. Drop-leg Jeff ran all over with it. He is very dedicated.

When we are outdoors there are more signs, flags, etc. Yes, we carry loaded rifles. Why would have a weapon as feasome as a rifle and not have it loaded? I made the paper two years in a row carrying. There was a very pretty girl that took photographs and asked me hiw to spell "Air 15" LOL. I was going to get her to neck with me this year but I was very sick and decided it was not worthwhile.

Drop-leg Jeff was at the end of the table at Cracker Barrel. I was the guy two seats from him with one hand and extra holes. He is a very nice guy and everybody liked him and appreciated his efforts, as we did the other people from MD. We gotta stick together!

Ed

Y'all missed a chance to hang out with a bunch of us sign waving Marylanders last month at the Harrisburg Trump rally. I actually joined PAFOA just to promote our trip.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=320017&page=3

Starting with post #24.

Welcome to MDS, hopefully our paths will cross in the future.

ungawa

May 26, 2017
    Yes, it was very nice to meet you all and your presence was appreciated, I can assure you.

Like I said, I think I have seen a couple of you before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom