• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Hello all.
    I'll be moving from MD. to Hanover, Pa., probably the Hanover Apts. toward the end of the year/ first of next year.
    How do I go about registering my guns in PA.? Or do I even have too? I just want to be "legal" with my guns that are registered in MD.
    Needless to say; as soon as I can prove residence in PA., I will be getting my CC permit which most of us can't get in the Nazi state of MD.

thanks for any info !!

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Legally, there is no registration in PA. Nothing you need to do. Other than not vote for the same type of politicians who created the mess you're leaving. We're getting enough of those people coming in my NY/NJ.....

Now, once you're here, most handgun sales have to go through an FFL. Which, in turn means PSP gets info on the sale. Which they illegally keep forever, and use as an unauthorized registration list. The PA Supreme Court screwed us and basically said "it's not a registry because it's not complete". (because of people like you, moving into the state with handguns, and the handful of transfers "parent to child, etc" that are exempt from paperwork)

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    So I don't have to re-register my guns from MD. to PA., cool deal.
    The rest you talked about, buying in PA., have to go through an FFL, that's nothing, used to that stuff from living in this Nazi state.

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Yep, nothing holding me to MD. anymore.
    I'm retired, the 2 most things I do in life is family stuff with my son and his family who live in southern York and my involvement in my gun club ( Jefferson Rifle Club in Spring Grove) I'm the match director that runs our cowboy action shooting there.
    So.........figured I'd move closer to both and into a "gun friendly" free state

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Go to MD State Police and tell them you are moving out of MD and want to unregister your firearms that are registered in MD. Yeah see what happens I'll guarantee they don't unregister! I'm leaving in 2018 and I'm going to try it.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Good luck on the move and hollar if you need help. I do most of my shopping and dining in Hanover.

Bohlieve410 on this forum made the same move a couple years ago.

Maybe the 3 of us can get together for beer. There's several micro breweries there now.

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    thanks for all the encouragement, sounds like this will be a very positive move.
    I'll post again when this happens, wouldn't mind at all meeting some of you and hooking up for that beer !!

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I'm retired, the 2 most things I do in life is family stuff with my son and his family who live in southern York and my involvement in my gun club ( Jefferson Rifle Club in Spring Grove) I'm the match director that runs our cowboy action shooting there.

Good luck with the move! I'm a member at Jefferson Rifle Club as well :thumbsup:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Good luck on the move and hollar if you need help. I do most of my shopping and dining in Hanover.

Bohlieve410 on this forum made the same move a couple years ago.

Maybe the 3 of us can get together for beer. There's several micro breweries there now.

thanks for all the encouragement, sounds like this will be a very positive move.
    I'll post again when this happens, wouldn't mind at all meeting some of you and hooking up for that beer !!

Good luck with the move! I'm a member at Jefferson Rifle Club as well :thumbsup:

Several micro brews? I'm aware of miscreations on the corner of the square, which other am I missing?

RedEye, I moved to Hanover Apts a couple years ago from columbia MD, best move I ever made.
    I'm also a member at Jefferson, let me know if you want to carpool to a eom meeting or club event since we will be neighbors :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jaredm1, another mds Jefferson member awesome!! :party29:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Texas Hot Weiner Lunch and Famous Hot Weiner FTW!!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/texas-hot-weiner-lunch-hanover

http://famoushotweiner.com/famous/

High Rock Outfitters (an IP here) for the double win!!!!

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=53461

Everettes BBQ is some of the best BBQ I have had anywhere in the country if smoked meat is your thing.

I have done many Xfers with Gary at HRO since I moved to Hanover. I also highly recommend his services.

Another awesome shop I recommend but not quite in Hanover, but a quick ride over to Gettysburg is, Gettysburg Trading Post. Friendly Staff decent prices and a good selection of new and used.
    My first PA resident purchase was with them, they let me hand picked a 2015 production WASR AK47 with perfectly aligned sights from the inventory they had in stock.
    More recently, they gave me a great deal on on my M&P9mm(1.0) on a trade for a Sig P320 Compact.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have done many Xfers with Gary at HRO since I moved to Hanover. I also highly recommend his services.

Another awesome shop I recommend but not quite in Hanover, but a quick ride over to Gettysburg is, Gettysburg Trading Post. Friendly Staff decent prices and a good selection of new and used.
    My first PA resident purchase was with them, they let me hand picked a 2015 production WASR AK47 with perfectly aligned sights from the inventory they had in stock.
    More recently, they gave me a great deal on on my M&P9mm(1.0) on a trade for a Sig P320 Compact.

I've stopped at the Gettysburg Trading Post on a trip back from High Rock and was impressed with how many firearms they display in just a portion of their store. Good place to buy mags at reasonable prices for those in Frederick area (in addition to going south to Bullseye in Leesburg, VA).

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    When you move to PA the only requirement that you have to follow is,# 1- drive in the left hand lane NO Matter what & # 2- drive at lease 10 mph slower than the speed limit signs that are posted in MD!
    Make sure while in PA to not vote so that state will turn into the crap state that MD has because of low voter turn out.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Several micro brews? I'm aware of miscreations on the corner of the square, which other am I missing?
    Warehouse Gourmet
    Aldis
    Something Wicked
    Miscreation

Supposedly Hanover Hub is brewing soon.

There's another, and the name escapes me but it's in Hanover.

Hollar if you ever want to meet for beer.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA

Suppressed 22/45 and Leadville. Another jrc member here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom