• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    hunting licenses. At least that's what WGAL just said. Who's #1???? Bet the farm it isn't Rhode Island!

It would be Texas.
    I was born and raised in PA. Today (first day firearms whitetail deer) is inasmuch a state holiday. Almost all schools are closed because so many students would be absent.
    The funny/sad part is that maybe 1/3 hunters get a deer and one has to apply for a doe tag (by county). Cross the Mason Dixon and we have more deer than a PA hunter can fathom.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    I've chased people off my property during gun season. Bow when asked no big deal.... it's going to cost you though. 1 lb of burger. :)

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    Back in the late 90's and early 2000's there used to be a Million hunters estimated to be hunting the 1st day of Gun season. I grew up there and hunted there from 98-2012 until I moved to MD. When I quit hunting there I think that number of hunters hunting the 1st day of gun season was down to like 600,000, but alot changed during that time. They legalized crossbows so a lot more hunters use them and tag out.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    During the Era I have noticed such things , the crown has moved around between Pa , Mi , and TX .

To oversimplify today's situation:

TX largest raw number
    Pa higher % of total population.
    Northern Mich , higher concentration of hunters hunting per sq mi .

What I didn't immediately know , was Tenn in 4th place . Interesting , as AL has rep for bigger bucks , and MS for more deer per sq mi .

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Armed Militia

I believe that if consolidated, the opening day of rifle season would constitute the USA as having the worlds largest gathered armed militia (army). Even if it's
    only for a day or so it's pretty impressive. Regardless what day it is, that massive amount of firepower is there 24/7/364. No country would ever invade us using only conventional weapons. Hope not anyway.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A few years ago, it was frequently observed that just Opening Day in Pa consisted of the world's third largest armed group . Aka the Pumpkin Army .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom