Man shoots teens who pushed him off bike.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    And assault is still not a capital offense. Apparently his body responded well enough to kill the one kid.

Ok. He should have taken it and been killed.

I guess you are only here for your interest in target shooting because apparently using a firearm for self defense is murder in your eyes.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Oliver Wendell Holmes had a clue, and IMHO said it rather well...

"Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife."

Here's a clue for you, Bond: when one day you find yourself being assaulted, I suggest you wait until they kill you before deploying your appropriate and carefully-measured self-defense tactics.

You let us know how that works out for you. :rolleyes:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    And assault is still not a capital offense. Apparently his body responded well enough to kill the one kid.

A capitol crime is one punishable by death after trial. This is self defense. It does not have to be a capitol crime to use deadly force. The Victim has to be in fear of death or serious bodily harm to use lethal force. Outnumbered 3 times and being assaulted and robbed is easily a good shoot.

You obviously have little knowledge of applied law. Even in Maryland that would have been a good shoot.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    A capitol crime is one punishable by death after trial. This is self defense. It does not have to be a capitol crime to use deadly force. The Victim has to be in fear of death or serious bodily harm to use lethal force. Outnumbered 3 times and being assaulted and robbed is easily a good shoot.

You obviously have little knowledge of applied law. Even in Maryland that would have been a good shoot.[/QUOTE]

In your dreams

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Oliver Wendell Holmes had a clue, and IMHO said it rather well...

"Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife."

Here's a clue for you, Bond: when one day you find yourself being assaulted, I suggest you wait until they kill you before deploying your appropriate and carefully-measured self-defense tactics.

You let us know how that works out for you. :rolleyes:

I don't carry a gun and I have never had a desire to. I worry about people who think that carrying is so important.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Who is this guy and what is he doing here? He sounds more anti everytime he talks, he could even pass as the secretary of state police. Or one hell of a maryland DA:lol2:

Sorry I don't fulfill your "Shoot first and ask questions later" party line. I used to believe in unrestricted carry, but the more time I spend on this forum, the more I have changed my mind.

PS...Maryland has SA's, not DA's.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I don't carry a gun and I have never had a desire to. I worry about people who think that carrying is so important.
    :sad20:
    suckitbondjamesbond.jpg
    perhaps you should change your name to bradysarahbrady. Bond carried everywhere he went and even had a license to kill. Seems very antithetical to your belief system.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    Neither being pushed off a bike nor attempted armed robbery are capital offenses.

There is a grave with the body of a boy from Crofton that was pushed off of his bike. Your argument is that of a troll.

As the poster's avatar is one of a subject, not a citizen, the concept of freedom and individual right to self defense a foreign concept. Would it have been acceptable to the puffjamespuff if he had been knocked from his bike, performed a mid air maneuver, landed on his feet, and then dispatched the attacker with a ninja death punch? Is it the use of a firearm by a physically outmatched defender that puts sand in jaemespuff's crack, or was it that he defended himself at all?

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    The primary flaw I see in the underpinnings of Bond's argument that assault itself is not punishable by death, and thus killing the teen was inappropriate is that it seems to be based on the idea that it would have stopped at assault had the old man not fought back. This is not knowable - Hell, it's not even in the same ballpark as uncertain - and even if the assailants did not intend to kill the old man, the elderly don't hold up well to physical trauma and death is still a very real possibility. Even if we ignore death as an accidental result of the assault, Bond's objection (and, I assume, his preferred course of action - not fighting back) still relies on trusting the good intentions of the people who just pushed you off a bike and jumped you.

I don't know about you, but I think it's safe to assume that the people who just pushed me off my bike and jumped me don't have my best interests at heart, or even that they care if I live or die, one way or the other.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Some people own guns to use them for their intended purpose, some have them to compensate for shortcomings, some like to collect them and only hit paper or clay with them.

I hate the last 2.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    clandestine said:
    Some people own guns to use them for their intended purpose, some have them to compensate for shortcomings, some like to collect them and only hit paper or clay with them.

I hate the last 2.

Of course it could be a combination of intended purpose and collecting and shooting paper and clay would you agree?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    There is a grave with the body of a boy from Crofton that was pushed off of his bike. Your argument is that of a troll.

As the poster's avatar is one of a subject, not a citizen, the concept of freedom and individual right to self defense a foreign concept. Would it have been acceptable to the puffjamespuff if he had been knocked from his bike, performed a mid air maneuver, landed on his feet, and then dispatched the attacker with a ninja death punch? Is it the use of a firearm by a physically outmatched defender that puts sand in jaemespuff's crack, or was it that he defended himself at all?

BULLSEYE, I wouldn't necessarily call him a troll he's been here a long time. Your example is spot on without doubt. :thumbsup:

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Sorry I don't fulfill your "Shoot first and ask questions later" party line. I used to believe in unrestricted carry, but the more time I spend on this forum, the more I have changed my mind.

PS...Maryland has SA's, not DA's.

There i always moveon.org and barackobama.com if you have an issue with guns.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Neither being pushed off a bike nor attempted armed robbery are capital offenses. It perpetuates the fallacy that being allowed to carry a gun (if this person was allowed to) means you are allowed to use it.

I really mean no offense, but are you really a gun owner?? And a Real member? Seems to me one of the main reasons this site is here is to Help in the issues of CCW and the Safety of our Local Citizens. Tell you what, grab a bike, ride it through the inner city. If this same thing happens to you God Forbid, as your most likely being kicked and Beaten by these kids let me know what you would do??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom