• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    we just sliced them up and substituted for cucumbers. I'm in Carroll County, I'm happy to drop a jar off if you want.

Cool, thanks for the offer. I’ll trade you, a jar of yours for a jar of spicy B&B pickles, or B&B eggs, or both :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Cool, we might try pickling squash/zucchini some time. I’m not a big fan of them as a plain old vegetable, so what’s the best way to do them as pickles (chips, slices, wedges, etc.)?

NRA Life ∙ MSI ∙ MD Designated Collector ∙ Certified Beer & Mead Judge
    Relish!!!

Mom and Sis had me run a few zucchini through a mandolin grater (it's OK for Bro to lose a finger!!!) and they made sweet zucchini relish.

It's outstanding!!

P.S. didn't add any skin!!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Do they stay firm? We tried freezing they they got all mushed up. My buddies wife made like cinnamon apple slices with zucchini this year and he said it was awesome. Might have to do other things next year and freezing and pressure canning makes them mush.

That sounds interesting. I hadn't thought of that combo before. Please see if you can dig up a recipe for that. I just apple/zuch pie filling. Who knew.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Cases upon Cases of pasta Sauce!

Attachments

• 20201119_113240.jpg
      20201119_113240.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 187
    • 20201119_113221.jpg
      20201119_113221.jpg
      105.3 KB · Views: 190

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    I texted his wife and she said she made cinnamon apples with cucumbers. she did not openly volunteer the recipe, but I can ask again. They grew english cucumbers, but I only grow the pickle kind because that is all we eat

We've made it at my house with cheyote fruits, and it's incredible. However, those are a bit hard to find.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Last week I found a store selling 10lb boxes of sausage links for $3. Seemed like a deal I couldn't pass so I bought 2 boxes. All the freezers are full so I decided to can them. This was a first for me but I think they turned out well. Time will tell.
    I couldn't double stack them so I had to have both canners going. 1 old Kerr jar broke in the first batch and the last group has about 30 minutes left. I'll have 27 pint jars with 10-12 links in each jar when I'm done.

Attachments

• 20201125_172453.jpg
      20201125_172453.jpg
      154.1 KB · Views: 170
    • 20201125_172513.jpg
      20201125_172513.jpg
      158.1 KB · Views: 177

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Last week I found a store selling 10lb boxes of sausage links for $3. Seemed like a deal I couldn't pass so I bought 2 boxes. All the freezers are full so I decided to can them. This was a first for me but I think they turned out well. Time will tell.
    I couldn't double stack them so I had to have both canners going. 1 old Kerr jar broke in the first batch and the last group has about 30 minutes left. I'll have 27 pint jars with 10-12 links in each jar when I'm done.

Mind sharing the recipe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Cool!!!!

I need to can some meat!

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Mind sharing the recipe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used pint jars that I washed first then sterilized by placing them in boiling water for a minute or so.
    I put the links in raw and didn't add anything extra to the jars. I processed them at 10 psi for 90 minutes.
    All of them took except for the broken one and I"m pretty sure that happened because the jar was too cold when it went in the canner. I heard a crack when the first few were put in but didn't see anything when I looked them over. The rest of the jars I sat in hot water to warm them before putting in the canner

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Wow, my daughter wanted to make more apple butter and I think we are set up for two years. Half a bushel each of Fuji and Granny Smith. Did you know a whole bushel won’t fit into one canning pot until cooked all the way down. Must use 15# of sugar and makes 40 pints!!!

Attachments

• 7E6047E7-ADD0-4913-BF4B-CA4119F3EE4E.jpg
      7E6047E7-ADD0-4913-BF4B-CA4119F3EE4E.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 133

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Wow, my daughter wanted to make more apple butter and I think we are set up for two years. Half a bushel each of Fuji and Granny Smith. Did you know a whole bushel won’t fit into one canning pot until cooked all the way down. Must use 15# of sugar and makes 40 pints!!!

Beautiful work!!!
    Makes me want to fire up the kettle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom