• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Msteers

May 26, 2017
    Without an HQL, you must build it into a "Rifle"

Unless Form 1 into SBR(NFA Tax stamp)

Pistol build will require HQL(Barrel length sub 16", and under 26" overall length).

Check the "Industry partners" section, Many local shops carry Spikes Tactical lowers where you can avoid paying the transfer fee.

Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    Without an HQL, you must build it into a "Rifle"

Unless Form 1 into SBR(NFA Tax stamp)

Pistol build will require HQL(Barrel length sub 16", and under 26" overall length).

Check the "Industry partners" section, Many local shops carry Spikes Tactical lowers where you can avoid paying the transfer fee

Not true. You can build it in to a pistol, but it must be registered as "other".
    You do not need an HQL.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    $hit. I didn't think they required the 7 day wait?

So, do you still have to do the online crap for a stripped lower like you are buying a pistol?

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Fvck that. Looks like I won't be buying a stripped lower any time soon.

Which really sucks cause there is a set in the classifieds I was ready to go for.

I understand MD laws suck...I get it, but I wouldnt not buy something I want just because of the wait.....The online stuff is easier now by the way....

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I understand MD laws suck...I get it, but I wouldnt not buy something I want just because of the wait.....The online stuff is easier now by the way....

It's not so much the wait.

I'm more annoyed with the online stuff. I haven't bought anything since it went into effect and don't feel like messing around with it and I need another AR like I need another hole in my head.

Maybe I'll break down and give it a try though. Eventually, I'll want to buy something and need to do it anyways.

joemomma

Jul 10, 2014
    Calvert MD
    It's not so much the wait.

I'm more annoyed with the online stuff. I haven't bought anything since it went into effect and don't feel like messing around with it and I need another AR like I need another hole in my head.

Maybe I'll break down and give it a try though. Eventually, I'll want to buy something and need to do it anyways.

If you buy a complete lower it’s cash and carry. GymRatz’s still has some PSA’s in stock. Cost is about hundred forty bucks with tax.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If you buy a complete lower it’s cash and carry. GymRatz’s still has some PSA’s in stock. Cost is about hundred forty bucks with tax.

I'm looking at something specific that is being sold as a stripped lower, unfortunately.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    inkd.....really, the online app is a breeze, much easier than doing it with the paper copies like the old days. Give it a try and you'll be glad you did...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    inkd.....really, the online app is a breeze, much easier than doing it with the paper copies like the old days. Give it a try and you'll be glad you did...

I sent a message to the seller so I may be checking it out.

Like I said, I really don't need another AR but I have a nice HBAR marked White Oak barrel I bought from someone here, a Geissele trigger and a few other parts laying around doing nothing.

This set would make a very nice rifle.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , a reciever transfers as " Other " , you may then build into any legal configuration for your personal use . HBAR, pistol, SBR ( with Form 1) , AOW ( with Form 1) , single shot, manual operated repeater , any other otherwise legal configuration that escapes me at the moment. Yeah , over 26in , no shoulder stock other-other .

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    No , a reciever transfers as " Other " , you may then build into any legal configuration for your personal use . HBAR, pistol, SBR ( with Form 1) , AOW ( with Form 1) , single shot, manual operated repeater , any other otherwise legal configuration that escapes me at the moment. Yeah , over 26in , no shoulder stock other-other .

So, cash and carry or still the online paperwork and 7 day wait?

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    So, cash and carry or still the online paperwork and 7 day wait?

A complete gun that is HBAR is cash and carry,.. striped lowers, or anything else, is paperwork and 7 day wait brother...

I think bigfoot was saying a stripped lower can be made into those things he listed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom