• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Liberals/leftists can face down a gunman with harsh words. This is what they get for supporting policies restricting access. I wonder how they like waiting for a HQL?

Regardless, having a weapon is not as crucial as having motivation and skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they just used signs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Love the TP rolls falling out of her bag...

Attachments

• 91342476_10157979027895428_1844261130155851776_n.jpg
      91342476_10157979027895428_1844261130155851776_n.jpg
      82.4 KB · Views: 364

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    You let the police protect you like a good little citizen. ;)

My sister-in-law is a big time lib and when I told her they don't have to protect you, she went off. I explained it is case law (my term, not sure the correct term) that they don't have the constitutional duty to protect you. Even with the link to the 2005 ruling, she didn't accept.

Oh well, so much for invites to family gatherings.

The DeShaney decision has been cited by many courts across the nation and reaffirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court. Namely—on June 27, 2005, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.[8] The decision overturned a federal appeals court ruling which permitted a lawsuit against the town of Castle Rock for the police’s failure to respond after Jessica Gonzales tried to get the police to arrest her estranged husband Simon Gonzales for kidnapping their three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 10) while they were playing outside, in violation of a court-issued protective order. [9] After Simon called to tell Jessica where they were at (in Denver at an amusement park), for hours she pleaded for the police to arrest Simon. [10] But, the police failed to act before Simon showed up at the police department and started shooting inside, and with the bodies of the 3 children in the trunk of his car.[11]

https://www.barneslawllp.com/blog/police-not-required-protect

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My sister-in-law is a big time lib and when I told her they don't have to protect you, she went off. I explained it is case law (my term, not sure the correct term) that they don't have the constitutional duty to protect you. Even with the link to the 2005 ruling, she didn't accept.

The DeShaney decision has been cited by many courts across the nation and reaffirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court. Namely—on June 27, 2005, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.[8] The decision overturned a federal appeals court ruling which permitted a lawsuit against the town of Castle Rock for the police’s failure to respond after Jessica Gonzales tried to get the police to arrest her estranged husband Simon Gonzales for kidnapping their three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 10) while they were playing outside, in violation of a court-issued protective order. [9] After Simon called to tell Jessica where they were at (in Denver at an amusement park), for hours she pleaded for the police to arrest Simon. [10] But, the police failed to act before Simon showed up at the police department and started shooting inside, and with the bodies of the 3 children in the trunk of his car.[11]

I believe there was a similar previous case from DC, from back in the 70's I think

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

I say it to people all the time. They never believe me and I'm not nice enough to help them search. EVERYONE looks it up. They just won't acknowledge that they did.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

"We are all responsible for our own personal safety, whether we like it or not." Why can't Constitutional Carry be directly linked to the SCOTUS rulings?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Hey, point people to Every Town for a gun Safety’s video repository of safety videos on how to safely handle, clean, store, and use firearms. They are a gun safety organization right? For the one who I know is serious and was just at Gun Connection we will be doing safety briefings and handling practices over FaceTime before she ever handles live ammunition.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Some pawn shops im MD do also deal in handguns. I know of 2 in Harford County alone. As of yesterday, March 28, they both had pretty goid inventories on hand.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hey, point people to Every Town for a gun Safety’s video repository of safety videos on how to safely handle, clean, store, and use firearms. They are a gun safety organization right? For the one who I know is serious and was just at Gun Connection we will be doing safety briefings and handling practices over FaceTime before she ever handles live ammunition.

I’m all for gun safety. To practice good gun safety, one must have a gun. So are you saying they advocate gun ownership?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom