• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Thanks for sharing more details. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I hope this is easy for all to see that this was escalated by being rude to your customer.
    No matter how you try and spin it, I never would have sent another email had I not been talked down to over the phone.
    Fed ex instructions were to get hold of the shipper as the package was on the truck in route, fed explained the package would be sent back to sender so yes, I thought I could gt some immediate help given the circumstance.

There is no excuse for being nasty and rude to your customers when problems arise.

I'm not sure you're picking up on what I was throwing down...but I digress.

Fedex (or any shipper for that matter) does not ship back packages immediately. Shippers sometimes will take days or even a week to send packages back if there is an address issue. Shippers typically try to resolve issues at the local hub and redeliver when small issues arise, such as this.

The issue was not an emergency and the package was delivered the next day. It was a less than ideal situation for all concerned, but it wasn't a 'fire alarm' type situation. These types of errors occur occasionally and while they are not the norm they are resolved typically with far less fanfare than this experience.

No false accusations were made at all. I stand my complaint. I then tired to complain formally and was met by the same person I was trying to complain about lol.

You spoke to the employee who is in charge in my absence. Nothing he stated was incorrect or nonfactual. There was no employee higher in the food chain at the store that day or the next day, as he stated to you verbally and in text. Having the desire to complain about someone doesn't mean you are correct nor does it give you the latitude to abuse employees on the phone, in chats, or emails. You went above and beyond so I assume this isn't your first rodeo.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    speed loaders for the new revolver maybe :innocent0

LOL, I've already got those. I could probably use a stock and some small parts for a lower I've been thinking about putting together.

I'll take inventory and order whatever it is I am short of.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I'm not sure you're picking up on what I was throwing down...but I digress.

Fedex (or any shipper for that matter) does not ship back packages immediately. Shippers sometimes will take days or even a week to send packages back if there is an address issue. Shippers typically try to resolve issues at the local hub and redeliver when small issues arise, such as this.

The issue was not an emergency and the package was delivered the next day. It was a less than ideal situation for all concerned, but it wasn't a 'fire alarm' type situation. These types of errors occur occasionally and while they are not the norm they are resolved typically with far less fanfare than this experience.

You spoke to the employee who is in charge in my absence. Nothing he stated was incorrect or nonfactual. There was no employee higher in the food chain at the store that day or the next day, as he stated to you verbally and in text. Having the desire to complain about someone doesn't mean you are correct nor does it give you the latitude to abuse employees on the phone, in chats, or emails. You went above and beyond so I assume this isn't your first rodeo.

Your employee being overworked or whatever his problem was that day doesn't give him the right to disrespect customers. That's where this started....Just a simple call to fix a mistake I didn't make.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    new frontier complete lowers

LOL, I've already got those. I could probably use a stock and some small parts for a lower I've been thinking about putting together.

I'll take inventory and order whatever it is I am short of.

I have ordered through them always great customer service. Also, me iz a 13'r :( good prices on the new frontier lowers. no issues

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have ordered through them always great customer service. Also, me iz a 13'r :(

I've not ordered a whole lot through them. But, every time I have, it's never been a problem.

Don't worry about being a 13'r. We all had to start somewhere.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Attachments

• images.jpg
      images.jpg
      8.7 KB · Views: 1,148

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I hope this is easy for all to see that this was escalated by being rude to your customer.

I don't think that's what people see... and its a little puzzling to me that you would think people would see that.

Your employee being overworked or whatever his problem was that day doesn't give him the right to disrespect customers.

I don't see any disrespect on the employee's part. I see a great deal of patience with a disrespectful customer.

I've never bought anything from JoeBob's yet, but based on this and their offer to stand behind 7 year old products in another thread that came up today (which, like this, was not their fault), they'll be on my list when I'm looking for stuff.

:thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Top 10 best MDS threads ever!!!!

OP got roasted!

Attachments

• ECA9BE16-9394-440E-8128-F95CA6C2AB84.jpeg
      ECA9BE16-9394-440E-8128-F95CA6C2AB84.jpeg
      41.7 KB · Views: 875

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I don't think that's what people see... and its a little puzzling to me that you would think people would see that.

I don't see any disrespect on the employee's part. I see a great deal of patience with a disrespectful customer.

Agree 100%. I re-read through the two main replies (OP and JBO's) thinking I somehow missed a detail, but that wasn't the case.

As a manager, owner, or even the janitor...
    I'd also, without question, rightly choose not to ever deal with a customer like this one...

The one being rude, condescending, and just overall ridiculously over-reacting, was DEFINITELY not on the Joe Bob's side of this...unreal...:sad20:

signed---

Still a Joe Bob's Customer...

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    This is such an interesting thread and should be used as a study in human behavior. The IPs response is so well written and complete with a timeline as well as facts. It leaves no doubt in any readers mind (other than the OPs) that JoeBobs acted appropriately and were justified in canceling the OPs account. Even still, with everything laid out for the entire forum to read/make judgement, the OP stands behind his behavior. This is downright puzzling/fascinating to me.

I for one am questioning why the OP would even be trying to get into his cancelled account? He cant possibly be considering placing another order, can he?

Many of us post things without really giving it a second thought. I know I have done this and then experienced a certain level of regret afterwards. In those cases, I have begged a moderator to delete my comment or the entire thread if it was started by me. This has worked and has helped me to save a little face. OP, you may considering trying this because your not making yourself look good or JoeBobs look bad. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    This is such an interesting thread and should be used as a study in human behavior. The IPs response is so well written and complete with a timeline as well as facts. It leaves no doubt in any readers mind (other than the OPs) that JoeBobs acted appropriately and were justified in canceling the OPs account. Even still, with everything laid out for the entire forum to read/make judgement, the OP stands behind his behavior. This is downright puzzling/fascinating to me.

I for one am questioning why the OP would even be trying to get into his cancelled account? He cant possibly be considering placing another order, can he?

Many of us post things without really giving it a second thought. I know I have done this and then experienced a certain level of regret afterwards. In those cases, I have begged a moderator to delete my comment or the entire thread if it was started by me. This has worked and has helped me to save a little face. OP, you may considering trying this because your not making yourself look good or JoeBobs look bad. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

I'd argue that this is a reason to keep this thread up. A lot of people look at businesses as faceless entities out to screw the little guy but I'm willing to bet that more of them are actually as level headed as JBs and the issues ARE on the customer side.

It is weird to see how adamant the OP is that he's still correct even though it's clear (to anyone not emotionally invested) that he's so far in the wrong that it's sad.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I'd argue that this is a reason to keep this thread up. A lot of people look at businesses as faceless entities out to screw the little guy but I'm willing to bet that more of them are actually as level headed as JBs and the issues ARE on the customer side.

It is weird to see how adamant the OP is that he's still correct even though it's clear (to anyone not emotionally invested) that he's so far in the wrong that it's sad.

BUT...
    This is MDShooters after all.
    MANY here will read the FIRST POST ONLY, and make their asinine bandwagon opinion reply, without reading the other replies...specifically #7... ;)

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Agree 100%. I re-read through the two main replies (OP and JBO's) thinking I somehow missed a detail, but that wasn't the case.

I actually re-read the post also, thinking I missed something and didn't.

I've ordered through JoeBob's a few times also, they are in fact one of the fastest shippers I've every dealt with. Kuddo's to you guys, you 100% have your logistics figured out better than most. Take pride in it.

I have to admit when I first read the OP I had thought something major must have changed because I've never had an experience like that with them, Joe Bob's post brings overwhelming clarity to the situation.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I've never shopped there. Will definitely consider in the future. I've worked in retail customer service years ago. Nothing excuses using profanity with employees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom