What is the highest level of medical training you have received?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the highest level of medical training you have received?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    What is the highest level of medical training you have received?

If you've had the equivalent training in another setting, but are not state/national certified/licensed, no worries; go ahead and count that. This is just best guess.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Where does CLS rate upon those choices? Somewhere between first aid and emt? The wife is a RN and well on her way to NP.

have to agree with you... not sure.. maybe should have been one more step inbetween, maybe next poll... I think that training is a bit closer to emt than basic first-aid... if you know how to do all that CLS stuff, you've probably got most all the first-aid stuff down, and approaching EMT level. give yourself emt. :D

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Emt since 1976, eventually obtained IV tech. Way back then it was SOP to practice sticking iv's into each other's hand at the firehouse. Trained at Franklin Square. Dropped it all when I retired.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I looked for the "but I stayed at a holiday inn Express" option but didn't see it.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I also took Basic Life support by the monkey county chapter of the Red Cross and took 2 yrs of nursing but then dropped out back in the 80's as well. When you live with a RN for over 20yrs you learn a TON of things and how to things as well. When I was in training to work in the uniformed division at US Dept of State, their was one section where we were taught basic skills like to apply splints and bandages and so forth. I asked the RN who was teaching the class, How come you did not tell them rule #1 when coming upon a person who needed medical help. She replied to me,why bother, you will never be deployed overseas just here in the DC Metro area, or somewhere stateside only where their is plenty of medical help.. then she asked me how did I know the rule and I told her, she then told me hey just make sure they have a copy of my BLS Cards issued to me.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Paramedic, ACLS Instructor, respiratory therapy tech. All retired. Now I just cause trouble on MDS

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    That's a good question. If you talk to my friends daughter she's an expert because she is studying public health in college. Meanwhile, she shares Huffington Post articles and has no idea how statistics work.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Rescue Diver, Emergency First Responder, CPR. In between first aid and not quite EMT.

Hansum

Feb 14, 2019
    Does watching the videos on north american rescue.com and deployed medicine count? Where could I take a TECC course?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's a good question. If you talk to my friends daughter she's an expert because she is studying public health in college. Meanwhile, she shares Huffington Post articles and has no idea how statistics work.

Oh good lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom