• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Hi Folks. Looking for recommendations for a good Base and Rings to Mount a Crossfire II 4-12x40 to a CVA Cascade. It says that it uses the same as a Savage 10/110.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    For the price, IMO, these are hard to beat.

I'm assuming your scope has a 1 inch tube. The low 1 inch rings should fit the bill. Always get the lowest rings possible without causing clearance issues. I use the low rings on a 44mm objective, so I'd say it's a safe bet.

https://www.amazon.com/Warne-Scope-...YKBSY2RDJCZ&psc=1&refRID=RGNQR8BDFYKBSY2RDJCZ

Not the lightest since they are steel but will handle recoil without causing your scope to walk.

You may need to mount a weaver or pic rail though.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    For the price, IMO, these are hard to beat.

I'm assuming your scope has a 1 inch tube. The low 1 inch rings should fit the bill. Always get the lowest rings possible without causing clearance issues. I use the low rings on a 44mm objective, so I'd say it's a safe bet.

https://www.amazon.com/Warne-Scope-...YKBSY2RDJCZ&psc=1&refRID=RGNQR8BDFYKBSY2RDJCZ

Not the lightest since they are steel but will handle recoil without causing your scope to walk.

You may need to mount a weaver or pic rail though.
    Thanks for the quick response. I have seen other say to used Medium as opposed to Low because of Clearances for the bolt vs scope. What would i lose/gain using either?

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I’d also recommend taking a look at the DNZ mounts. Game reaper or Game Reaper 2. They are one piece units, ring and base combined. The Savage 110 mounts are listed there as in stock.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Hi folks. Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going with Warne 1" low rings and the CVA mount (since its a CVA rifle). The rail is a 20 MOA rail. I don't expect to be shooting at more than 100-200 yards at the range as well as possibly using this for hunting every so often. I've seen articles saying that zeroing for 100 yards with a 20 MOA rail is difficult or useless. I'm new to this, usually only shoot handgun or AR at ~50 yards or so. What issues can i expect and is the 20 MOA good for what I will use it for FOR NOW? I MAY eventually start going to longer distance with new scope within 5 years if I find it interesting. Any advice?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is no "problem" zeroing at 100 with a 20 MOA rail. Many long range shooters zero at 100 yards with a 20 MOA or steeper mount.

The issue is, if you mainly shoot at 100 yards, you will have less windage adjustment since you are not in the middle of the elevation range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom