• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Does anyone have any experience with Kaw Valley Precision ar9 parts?

I was looking at their barrel, bolts and, 3 lug adapters.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Their gas block / barrel dimpling jig is well made. Haven't used anything else.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Does anyone have any experience with Kaw Valley Precision ar9 parts?

I was looking at their barrel, bolts and, 3 lug adapters.

I have a tri lug adapter from them. It was very tight at first and some of the paint shaved off on the first mount but now it's fine. For the price I'd buy it again.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Good stuff, have been running their bolt and buffer in a QC10 receiver/barrel build, have a few of their 3 lug adapters, and use several other parts in other stuff, never a problem. That AR9 has at least 5K rounds on it, has competed, often runs suppressed, and is dead reliable. Had one of their early model firing pins in their BCG break after a few thousand rounds(common on 9mm blowback), ran fine with the broken pin, didn't realize it till I took the bolt apart, replaced it with the new design upgraded part, and has been holding up for a couple K rounds since. Quality is on-par with most mid-tier brands, CMMG, Aero, QC10 etc. The bolt uses a standard AR15 extractor and common AR9 firing pin, pinned weight in a 1 peice body, staked short key, 15.5oz weight. The 3 lug specs out to HK standard, nice nitride finish and clean threading, concentric and holds up just fine for my PCC/PCP/SBR 9mm stuff. Haven't used their 9mm barrels, but would if I were in need. I use their 10oz buffer for my 7" QC10, has actual sliding tungsten weights, so it is smooth, and runs great suppressed or unsuppressed with anything from mild 124@1050fps competition loads up to +p defensive HP loads. Their stuff isn't exotic, but they do have some innovative parts that have nice features added to proven designs.

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Thanks, sounds good.

I am playing the game of planning how to reconfigure my ar9 pistol to sbr if forced by the atf rules changing.

I also have a YHM R9 in the works and looking into the 3 lug option for mounting.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I have one of their 9mm Bolts. 5k+ rounds. I broke 1 firing pin but that's pretty much a wear item if you shoot them a bunch anyway. I like their nitride finish and AR style extractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom