• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I caught this in a post the Mr.Ed put up way back, but hasn't it been fairly well documented in human lie detecting that when someone ends their statement with "honestly" and "truly" that is a good indicator that the speaker is trying to convince people that the LIE they are telling is really the truth? Obviously I don't know the science, and I may be wrong, but I see a handful of articles that seem to confirm this theory. So perhaps he does know exactly where the order came from, his office?!?

I am going to try to get out of work next Monday and be there, but I can't promise that yet.

Mark
    You can easily tell when Miller is telling a lie. His lips are moving.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Unless the officer saw with his own eyes or witnesses are willing to testify under oath that those arrested were not allowing people to pass on the sidewalk it was an illegal arrest. You guys need people with cameras videoing your protests from start to finish...

This.

Someone calling the police saying they saw protesters blocking free passage on a sidewalk is no different than someone dialing 911 saying they saw a car run a stop sign. There are some things cops cannot arrest for if they don't witness themselves.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Should we obtain a permit for next Monday? Cuz when all of us show up, the sidewalk will surely be blocked, & I'm willing to bet the PD will be out in force as well.

A permit would not have stopped this arrest. (if it had been a legal arrest).
    Can't block stuff. Well we can't block stuff..

Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2012
    Sunny Southwest Florida
    Just got this response from Senate Minority Whip Steve Hershey.

We are well aware of last night's events and spoke about it on Senate Floor.
    We called out those "above" and expressed the same concerns of peaceful expression of their 1st amendment rights.
    Our caucus ​will continue to monitor and dig deeper into this.
    I'll keep you updated.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Stephen S. Hershey, Jr.
    Maryland State Senator
    District 36 - Upper Eastern Shore

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You need a permit for Lawyer's Mall. Not the sidewalk.

Standing on a sidewalk is not blocking it.

Not by a long shot.

This was orchestrated.

And if it's a large group, we keep moving as in other larger past PP events.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Dear Senator Bates, Delegate Kittleman, and Delegate Miller,

I am writing the three of you regarding an incident that occurred last night on a sidewalk near the Maryland State House. I know the three of you support the 2nd Amendment, but last night’s matter deals with the 1st Amendment. As a result, I am writing to determine your position regarding a Maryland citizen’s right to free speech.

Based upon videos, photos, and commentary I have seen from Bryan P. Sears, a reporter for the Daily Record, and others, last night’s incident involved the Patriot Picket and the Capital Police. Essentially, the Patriot Picket was in Annapolis Monday night doing what it does every Monday night while the General Assembly is in session, and that is trying to preserve what is left of our 2nd Amendment in Maryland. From what I have read and seen in videos, the Patriot Picket was peacefully protesting with sign boards on a public sidewalk near the Maryland State House. This has been going on for about two years now and there has never been an issue with it, other than last night. Last night, the Patriot Picket was approached by Capital Police and Capitol Police instructed the Patriot Picket to get off the sidewalk and to move to Lawyer’s Mall if it wanted to continue with the sign boards and the exercise of its 1st Amendment right. However, if the Patriot Picket had relocated to Lawyer’s Mall, it would have been violating the law because a permit is required to assemble on Lawyer’s Mall. Meanwhile, I see no law that prevents the Patriot Picket from picketing on a public sidewalk. Based upon the rendition of events by one of the men that was arrested, the only charge filed against him was disobeying a lawful order. How can such an order be lawful when it restricts a citizen’s right to free speech for nothing other than an arbitrary and capricious reason? How can a man disobey a lawful order when the order was not lawful?

I would appreciate it if you would look into this matter, and if need be, propose a law that will protect the right to free speech for all Maryland citizens, no matter their political affiliation.

Just sent that. Anybody have an e-mail address for Hogan? If so, can you send it to me via a PM? Otherwise, I guess I have to use the cumbersome method on his website and/or the telephone.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Has anyone contacted the ACLU????

Good idea ; the Capital Gazette had a recent article where MD ACLU was looking at suing MCP over demonstration restrictions on Lawyer's Mall. Something about a ban on soliciting donations during protests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    You need a permit for Lawyer's Mall. Not the sidewalk.

Standing on a sidewalk is not blocking it.

Not by a long shot.

This was orchestrated.

And if it's a large group, we keep moving as in other larger past PP events.

If an Officer directs "you" to move to the area requiring a permit and then arrests "you" for moving there, is that entrapment? (not being sarcastic, a genuine question)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What do you think of inviting those in politics who say they are with us, to actually stand with us next Monday? Lets see who actually shows up.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    These guys have pretty much NOTHING to do. This was a major incident for them. I would say that there are first timer "cops" working there who have never made an arrest at all. Most aren't seasoned enough to even question right or wrong.

They did not even know how to fill out the paperwork!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom