• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    And shouldn't they? In an election between the two, you surely wouldn't want the more evil one, would you? I wouldn't.

In some ways, yes, I would. More anything gets noticed quicker. People react to it quicker. People should demand change quicker.

Less evil is creeping and sneaky. Less evil puts the knife in your back while hugging you. More evil puts it in your chest while looking right at you.

All less evil does is delay the inevitable and reassure those who desire to be in power that anything is acceptable as long as it's done incrementally.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I spoke with a Montgomery County Police officer that has been on the force for a very long time. I had a few questions about this new Red Flag Law. We had a very nice discussion about it. I asked them how many of these ERPO’s have been filed in MoCo. They explained to me that a lot of them have. Much more than are claimed on that county map that has been posted here. I asked if they felt there were any issues with the new law as they saw it. They said yes but also gave counter stories where they went to a house for a domestic dispute and later found out that a husband shot their spouse so in a way they felt it’s a new tool for them to potentially save lives. I felt that they implied that this was now there go to option if they deemed necessary and also to err on the side of caution. I asked well if the person didn’t have a gun and were intent on killing their spouse wouldn’t they just find another way of carrying it out? I mean how many people have been stabbed to death or killed by blunt force trauma?? They said true but still felt it’s necessary to strip people of their rights and property just to be safe. I asked if any officers have refused to carry out these orders. They said no obviously. They explained that most of the time these ERPO’s are served by the Sheriffs office and in many cases they ask local law enforcement agencies for support. They seemed to understand how the law can and is being abused but there is nothing really they can do about it obviously. They basically told me just try not to piss anybody off. So you are guilty until proven innocent. Scary stuff. Not the country I remember growing up in. We are living in some very very strange times indeed.

Was your friend a patrol officer, or one if the MoCo Gun Owner Task Force officers? Just curious how your contacts are working with the new law (patrol vs GOTF).

About 10 years ago the Gazette interviewed the head of that GOTF (or whatever the official name is). The GOTF was reportedly tasked with keeping files//tabs on every legal gun owner in MoCo. For example, that office is the LE contact that gets NFA copies from MSP. They are the ones that apparently have point on ID’g residents for gun seizures (from the article). The Gazette article talked about the examples of people becoming prohibited persons and needing their guns seized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    In some ways, yes, I would. More anything gets noticed quicker. People react to it quicker. People should demand change quicker.

Less evil is creeping and sneaky. Less evil puts the knife in your back while hugging you. More evil puts it in your chest while looking right at you.

All less evil does is delay the inevitable and reassure those who desire to be in power that anything is acceptable as long as it's done incrementally.

ergo, vote less evil.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I see no way of regaining our rights a lot of times.

I also find it to be impossible to accept the loss.

The worst part is my children are being left this mess

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

couldn't agree more

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

That's one perspective... and there is some truth to it...

However,

Less restriction... allows one to live to fight another day...

More restriction... ends that possibility sooner...

Complete restriction... ends it completely...

When any restriction is unavoidable... I will always opt for the least restriction... and do what I can to fight back while I can...

"Live to fight another day." Beats the hell out of "Toss it all and die now."

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Sort of like the mob. You can either have both arms broke or one leg. Which do you choose? That's what we have to vote for in this state time and time again.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Sort of like the mob. You can either have both arms broke or one leg. Which do you choose? That's what we have to vote for in this state time and time again.

So... Seriously...

IF that was actually what you were faced with...

Would you choose a bullet to the head instead?

WE are NOT currently in control of our situation here in this state... and IF we are ever to be... we must survive to get to that point.

A broken leg would at least allow you to keep using your arms to fight with...

Is this real life... or... is it fantasy?

We must deal with what IS... If we want a chance at what we want it to be.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am afraid that the spark and fire that made America no longer burns.

People say this isn’t the America they grew up in

Now I say these aren’t the Americans I grew up with.

The VAST majority no longer questions authority, they just go along with it “ until a higher authority steps in”

Hogan and the MGA could pass a law this session calling for confiscation of firearms and many here will say it’s ok, let’s wait on the Supreme Court to say otherwise so go ahead and give the nice cop your guns and later on when it gets worked out you’ll get them back.

Listening to many , if not most, here I fear md is lost, all I can hope for now is that those in free America will hold the line before the 2a is lost

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    I am afraid that the spark and fire that made America no longer burns.

People say this isn’t the America they grew up in

Now I say these aren’t the Americans I grew up with.

The VAST majority no longer questions authority, they just go along with it “ until a higher authority steps in”

Hogan and the MGA could pass a law this session calling for confiscation of firearms and many here will say it’s ok, let’s wait on the Supreme Court to say otherwise so go ahead and give the nice cop your guns and later on when it gets worked out you’ll get them back.

Listening to many , if not most, here I fear md is lost, all I can hope for now is that those in free America will hold the line before the 2a is lost

The population is too fat, happy, and well entertained to have any sort of spark left. Only when their wallets are empty and the grocery shelves run out of bread will people start to get worked up. There are too many Sunday Fundays and 401k statements in the green for people to care about their rights being eroded. Smart move on the man's part, by the time people are broke and starving they will have traded away all their rights.

Paraphrased from a not so PC book

What is really precious to the average American is not his freedom or his honor, but his pay check. He complained when they took away his guns five years ago, but he still had his color TV and his backyard barbecue, so he didn't fight.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Don't you mean last session?! Thread title says 118 and possibly over 200 by now!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Don't you mean last session?! Thread title says 118 and possibly over 200 by now!

Last session was terrible but now that the die is cast hogan and the mga can run rampant over our rights and have the bumpstock confiscation law and the 1302 confiscation law to fall back on as precedent.

And since the gop lost more seats there’s even less they can do about it, but judging by last session all but about a dozen side with the dems anyway

So yes I meant next session

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom