• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Judge N is slowly adapting to the media gig's need to say click-worthy things. He's frequently quite sober and objective about things, but sometimes strays into more provocative territory for, I suspect, a bit of entertainment value and pot stirring. I'd rather hear him say HOW he expects it to change, and on what basis. Otherwise, it's more like that ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

This was part of his discussion about the Supreme Court taking the NY case so there is more but I haven't found a link yet. They may replay his comments on the show which is on now, Varny and Company.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Judge N is slowly adapting to the media gig's need to say click-worthy things. He's frequently quite sober and objective about things, but sometimes strays into more provocative territory for, I suspect, a bit of entertainment value and pot stirring. I'd rather hear him say HOW he expects it to change, and on what basis. Otherwise, it's more like that ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

Judge N has become a Tool for the lib’s

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    History and tradition, point more to acceptance of open carry.

Look at law enforcement today, there will be people who argue about training and tactics, but officer friendly always open carry when armed. Soldiers do the same.

Hostorically, concealed carry had a negative connotation due to ambushing the prey.

You have not really answered the question about concealed carry. You certainly seem to imply that concealed carry is not protected due to history and tradition.

I would disagree about law enforcement today. While officer friendly will open carry while in uniform, they will likely carried concealed if in plain clothes. There may also be a concealed backup piece carried by the officer. Detective friendly will most likely carried concealed.

I would also disagree about your interpretation of concealed carry. While I think you understand that concealed carry had negative historical connotations, you have not updated those connotations to present day. Caetano indicates that you need to update those connotations to present day. As I have indicated above the current connotations indicate that concealed carry is acceptable because circumstances have changed.

My point about concealed carry is not to say this case is about concealed carry. It is to illustrate that history and tradition can negatively impact the interpretation of the 2A just as much as a scrutiny analysis.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Judge N has become a Tool for the lib’s

Exactly, and Shep's cuck. Some of the crap that comes out of his mouth makes me really question whether he ever had a law degree.

You have not really answered the question about concealed carry. You certainly seem to imply that concealed carry is not protected due to history and tradition.

I would disagree about law enforcement today. While officer friendly will open carry while in uniform, they will likely carried concealed if in plain clothes. There may also be a concealed backup piece carried by the officer. Detective friendly will most likely carried concealed.

I would also disagree about your interpretation of concealed carry. While I think you understand that concealed carry had negative historical connotations, you have not updated those connotations to present day. Caetano indicates that you need to update those connotations to present day. As I have indicated above the current connotations indicate that concealed carry is acceptable because circumstances have changed.

My point about concealed carry is not to say this case is about concealed carry. It is to illustrate that history and tradition can negatively impact the interpretation of the 2A just as much as a scrutiny analysis.

Throughout history the weather/temperature determined whether someone open or concealed carry. In cold weather their sidearm was under their coats.

Since open/conceal is not mentioned in the 2A it should not be a consideration in carry decisions at all, thereby protected in any interpretation.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Exactly, and Shep's cuck. Some of the crap that comes out of his mouth makes me really question whether he ever had a law degree.

Throughout history the weather/temperature determined whether someone open or concealed carry. In cold weather their sidearm was under their coats.

Since open/conceal is not mentioned in the 2A it should not be a consideration in carry decisions at all, thereby protected in any interpretation.

The 2A does not actually define the right. It is a preexisting right. You need to define the source of the right in order to determine if there is any infringement.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The 2A does not actually define the right. It is a preexisting right. You need to define the source of the right in order to determine if there is any infringement.

I would think early 18th Century cases would be the place to start. It's clear that this country viewed the right more liberally than England.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The Charm City birdcage liner is apoplectic.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0124-scotus-guns-20190123-story.html

FTA:

Imagine a future in which neither the Baltimore City Council nor the Maryland General Assembly has the ability to bar most people from carrying their firearms on the streets, either openly or so-called “concealed carry.” This has been the dream of the National Rifle Association and its ardent followers for years. They want a return to Wild West standards where “good guys with guns” roam the frontier and can have their firearm holstered to their side whether riding public transit or sitting in church or shopping at the mall. No longer will such rights be grounded in home defense. And no longer will local standards prevail when visitors get their handgun permits from another state. In other words, if you think Baltimore has too many guns now, get ready to double-down.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Because CCW holders are proven to be so unsafe?

You will still need a permit to carry.

So they are admitting that all the previous “common sense” gun control legislation has been a colossal failure?

None of the usual excuses have been proven true, in fact quite the contrary

More of the same baseless liberal hand wringing

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I always wonder what special elixir runs in the Potomac River, and the Chesapeake Bay, that assures Marylanders will act differently then Virginians have when CCW is available to the masses? It must be some very secret, boogey man, sauce that the Baltimore Sun Editorial Board see and we can't.

F'em.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I guess you could have an NYC FFL send the pistol to an FFL in your new state of residence for you to retrieve once you've worked through their bureaucracy for a new driver's license and any special licensing.

Is there a provision in the law that allows the firearm to be transported to an FFL? I thought it was only to/from shooting ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom