• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Senator Manchin from WV is making noises about increased gun control and possible gun bans. I'm sure he's under tremendous pressure from Democrat leadership to cave considering their Senate majority is only by the grace of Kneepads Harris. Add to that some very weak spine Republicans and it's going to be a rough ride for those who value liberty.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2021/01/11/manchin-not-going-take-guns-but/

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Lots and lots of people are hanging their 2A hat on Manchin but they seem to forget he is, first and foremost, a slimy, filthy politician.

In short, he is the enemy. They all play the same game for the same goal, they just wear different jerseys.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    But, but, we were told those West Virginia people would hold him accountable.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    He'll play both sides until he sees clearly what is in it for him and come down on the vote at the last second. He's a weasel. I don't think anyone here has ever claimed he's not. But he's only interested in himself and will do whatever he thinks will preserve his lifestyle the longest.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    But, but, we were told those West Virginia people would hold him accountable.

I've learned recently that direct election of senators dramatically increased how long those people stayed in office and made it a lot easier to buy them off when they were no longer accountable to being recalled by the state legislatures.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I've learned recently that direct election of senators dramatically increased how long those people stayed in office and made it a lot easier to buy them off when they were no longer accountable to being recalled by the state legislatures.

But that amendment was specifically to prevent senate corruption. Lol

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Joe Manchin is going squishy...

tenor.gif

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    He'll play both sides until he sees clearly what is in it for him and come down on the vote at the last second. He's a weasel. I don't think anyone here has ever claimed he's not. But he's only interested in himself and will do whatever he thinks will preserve his lifestyle the longest.

This 100%

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Senator Manchin from WV is making noises about increased gun control and possible gun bans. I'm sure he's under tremendous pressure from Democrat leadership to cave considering their Senate majority is only by the grace of Kneepads Harris. Add to that some very weak spine Republicans and it's going to be a rough ride for those who value liberty.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2021/01/11/manchin-not-going-take-guns-but/

Chucky Schumer is putting the squeeze on him. Is this surprising, why is it surprising.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Lots and lots of people are hanging their 2A hat on Manchin but they seem to forget he is, first and foremost, a slimy, filthy politician.

In short, he is the enemy. They all play the same game for the same goal, they just wear different jerseys.

He’ll vote whichever way costs him less votes. He was never about the people.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

This

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    So we know how 99% of Democrat legislators are going to vote on substantive gun control like bans, and how 95% of Republican's will. We are down to soothsaying how one lone maybe sometimes supports 2A Dem will go, and some of us still say it is not a partisan issue. It is the single most partisan issue in contemporary politics. Schumer will play hardball on this as well, way more than prior Dem Senate leaders.

FYI Manchin is calling Last week's event an "insurrection." As moronic, criminal and nastily as I found it, including knowing like anyone with common sense, that the two guys with zip ties were obviously planning to commit some abhorrent felonies, to call that event an insurrection, and not call what we saw this summer the same is just beyond the pale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom