• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    Does anyone have any experience with any custom knifemakers in MD or surrounding states? I know I can google and find them, but I want to know if any of you have had anything made and how your experience was?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    There’s one in Middletown, MD. He reportedly made the knife for the Rambo series. I forget the name, but he’s on Old National Pike.

That's Master Bladesmith Bill Moran...he passed away about fifteen years ago. He lived around the corner from me...his old shop on Route 40-A has been turned into a museum. There's a school for knife making in Arkansas named for him.

He rediscovered how to make Damascus steel for blades...he made many knives for royalty, celebrities and the like. He had something like a 20-year backlog of orders.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    I can make something for you. Send me a pm. I am just a hobbyist, but getting started on making knives for sale. My Website isn't up yet but I have an Instagram jwknifeworks and a new book of faces with the same name.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    That's Master Bladesmith Bill Moran...he passed away about fifteen years ago. He lived around the corner from me...his old shop on Route 40-A has been turned into a museum. There's a school for knife making in Arkansas named for him.

He rediscovered how to make Damascus steel for blades...he made many knives for royalty, celebrities and the like. He had something like a 20-year backlog of orders.

Its also next door to alekos which has great gyros. Worth stopping for.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Scott Gosman in Whiteford might be worth a try. Don't know if he does custom work, but his stuff is good quality.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Terrys metal works services in sharpsburg md. Hes a good guy, makes really cool knives from scratch.

Ditto, here is one of Terry's knives he posts on facebook. If the setting allow it to be shown. Huge bowie with a 10" blade and he makes his own Damascus steel. He's a hell of a welder also. I broke my skeg on the outboard and split up into the bullet. He weleded inside and out and sanded it so clean the seal on the prop didn't even need to be replaced.

https://www.facebook.com/Terrys-Metal-Works-105480347877845/about/
    136999941_2848195008798988_4664152325338213216_n.jpg

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Vince Molina of dreamer forge knives is in Mt Airy. He was on forged in fire. Great guy and makes some amazing knives. You can find him on Instagram and Facebook under his business

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Considering how much Bill got per inch on his blades nobody got one for free. The personal knife he made for Stallone cost about $7k and had 30 ft. of silver wire in the handle. I used to work at the old Frank Kennedy Ford across the side street from Bill's original forge. Sometimes he would show up there with some of his buddies and do archery in the back. I used to go talk to him when I could get a break. He died the year after I left that job (2006).

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    There a couple talented custom knife folks participate on the GON.com forum, a Georgia hunting, fishing, gun related forum.

Some very good quality stuff if you’re interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom