• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I don't know where else to post this but I figured this should be directed towards people reading about handguns.
    I saw a bundle price on Versacarry's website for a holster, belt, and magazine carrier and wanted to ask if anyone here has experience with Versacarry holsters. I'm looking at the Bundle #1 for $60, and it has an IWB Ranger holster, leather belt, and a magazine carrier for a spare magazine.
    Is Versacarry a good holster? Do they make crap? Since their IWB holster is made of leather, I suspect it will be more comfortable than a kydex holster.
    Any feedback is welcome.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    For me what prints most often is the butt of the grip. The plastic claw or wedge you can get on many kydex IWB holsters is a huge help, it uses the pressure of your belt or waistband to make the butt stay snug against your body. I wouldn't get a single clip IWB holster without one, and there is no way to put one on a leather holster because it will flex.

For that reason the single clip leather holsters they sell (Compound and Ranger) would be a hard no. I won't comment on the double clip IWB ones (Protector, Rapid slide, Rebel, etc) because I've never tried those in leather, other than to say it looks like a lot of extra bulk.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For me what prints most often is the butt of the grip. The plastic claw or wedge you can get on many kydex IWB holsters is a huge help, it uses the pressure of your belt or waistband to make the butt stay snug against your body. I wouldn't get a single clip IWB holster without one, and there is no way to put one on a leather holster because it will flex.

Get a holster that you can cant forward and slide a little forward in order to get the butt more forward inline up and down with the center line side of your body.
    Claws are stupid.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Get a holster that you can cant forward and slide a little forward in order to get the butt more forward inline up and down with the center line side of your body.
    Claws are stupid.

Do you mean slide it forward to 3 o'clock, along the center line of the side of your body?

That doesn't work well for me. I don't have either an athletic V shape or a tire in the middle... my sides are basically vertical so at 3 o'clock the whole thing prints no matter how loose the shirt is.

I can hide it at 4 to 5 o'clock or AIWB with the claw.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you mean slide it forward to 3 o'clock, along the center line of the side of your body?

That doesn't work well for me. I don't have either an athletic V shape or a tire in the middle... my sides are basically vertical so at 3 o'clock the whole thing prints no matter how loose the shirt is.

I can hide it at 4 to 5 o'clock or AIWB with the claw.
    Cant it forward and slide the holster a little forward on the belt or inside the pants. The more forward, the closer that butt nears that centerline.

I'm an artist lol
    b91974727135e8fb935ba669eaad301d.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Cant it forward and slide the holster a little forward on the belt or inside the pants. The more forward, the closer that butt nears that centerline.

I'm an artist lol
    :thumbsup:

Not that bad. ;)

I understood the cant part, just not the sliding forward to the centerline part. I have mine canted when its on my hip, but the claw seems to help in addition to that.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010

I'm an artist lol

This might actually work for this holster. I used to be skinny, but I'm now gaining some weight with the age and I think I'll be able to hide an IWB holster and pistol on my hip. It would have been impossible 10 years ago when I was 15 lbs lighter.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I made a CCW soft holster for my Khar CM40. It tucks in the middle of your back, clip to the outside can swivel for use and soft against your back really comfortable.

Attachments

• Soft CCW 1.jpg
      Soft CCW 1.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 137
    • soft CCW 2.jpg
      soft CCW 2.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 131

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I made a CCW soft holster for my Khar CM40. It tucks in the middle of your back, clip to the outside can swivel for use and soft against your back really comfortable.

Please don't carry middle of the back.

99.9% of carriers don't need to carry "deep concealment".

Can't retain it in a scuffle, unless you lay on your back and then ground fight from there.

You can't draw it from any position other than standing up. And that's a terrible draw at best. You'll never draw it while in the car.

Risking spinal injury if you are on the ground.

Difficult to retain if it decides to start to come out on it's own.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Please don't carry middle of the back.

99.9% of carriers don't need to carry "deep concealment".

Can't retain it in a scuffle, unless you lay on your back and then ground fight from there.

You can't draw it from any position other than standing up. And that's a terrible draw at best. You'll never draw it while in the car.

Risking spinal injury if you are on the ground.

Difficult to retain if it decides to start to come out on it's own.
    That reminds me of the Secret Service agent who did a back flip while dancing and the gun fell out. Then he had a ND and hit a bystander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom