• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    I agree, you're absolutely correct. May I offer some quotes for contemplation, myself included.

"Discourse and critical thinking are essential tools when it comes to securing progress in a democratic society. But in the end, unity and engaged participation are what make it happen."

"One reason we rush so quickly to the vulgar satisfactions of judgement, and love to revel in our righteous outrage, is that it spares us from the impotent pain of empathy, and the harder, messier work of understanding."

“It is better to wait until you get the right thing, at the right time and in the right place; than to race for the wrong thing, at the wrong time and in the wrong place, for it yields nothing but disgrace.”

I apologize if I bore everyone, I'm afraid I've gone astray from the topic.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Grab a stone...

I agree and defend the protestor(s) civil rights, ALL OF THEM, and expressing them in any manner that is legal. But I do not believe threats, actual or symbolic, assuage anyone's beliefs and only reinforces negative stereotypes. Would his protest been considered any different, even, by pro-2d Amendment advocates, if he protested without the firearm? Why add fuel to the fire? (No pun intended.)

In this situation, regarding PEACEFULLY protesting with a firearm - just because you can and it is within the law - should you? How about carrying an empty gasoline can and your poster says "YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL!," at a home that experienced an arson fire? Or protesting in front of a home occupied by a black-american, muslim, jew, etc., with a HANGMAN's rope.

Let me mention a protest that REALLY made me angry...

Remember this protest? "The Westboro church, led by pastor Fred Phelps, believes God is punishing the United States for 'the sin of homosexuality' through events including soldiers' deaths. Members have traveled the country to protest at military funerals and other events, evoking outrage by shouting at grieving families and displaying such signs as 'Thank God for dead soldiers,' 'God blew up the troops' and 'AIDS cures fags'."

How did that make you feel? Did it change your mind about the military or homosexuality?

Did he have a sign? Did he aggressively hold his weapon? Was he just standing there with his weapon draped on his shoulder? How is any of the above wrong? And yes, peacefully protesting in a legal manner with your legal firearm on public property should be done otherwise what’s the point? Maybe all the Pro 2A folks that went to Richmond should have just shown up wearing a tshirt saying “don’t take my guns instead of actively standing up for their rights.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    As Paul Harvey use to say “and now the rest of the story” love how he says “came to my house to coerce me” and “if it’s not illegal I’m going to make sure by next year it is”.

Talk about snowflake having a meltdown. As someone stated, should have the PP pull a Maxine Waters on him.

Attachments

• 45E9E0B3-67C0-4EDB-9938-7002DF07344A.jpeg
      45E9E0B3-67C0-4EDB-9938-7002DF07344A.jpeg
      60.1 KB · Views: 446
    • EF4BA9DA-FD9B-4173-B4DB-DB5AF00BD4C0.jpg
      EF4BA9DA-FD9B-4173-B4DB-DB5AF00BD4C0.jpg
      133.9 KB · Views: 476
    • F8B49C9E-DADE-4CE1-9915-0AFD98FBA15A.jpg
      F8B49C9E-DADE-4CE1-9915-0AFD98FBA15A.jpg
      129.4 KB · Views: 469
    • 1E69CCE1-2831-4074-945A-D06AC48F351C.jpg
      1E69CCE1-2831-4074-945A-D06AC48F351C.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 462

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    As was said before, that's what the 2A is for. And yes, the delegate's lucky the guy didn't also have a vat of hot tar as well. The man peacefully made his point that merely carrying a firearm in public poses no risk.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I agree, you're absolutely correct. May I offer some quotes for contemplation, myself included.

"Discourse and critical thinking are essential tools when it comes to securing progress in a democratic society. But in the end, unity and engaged participation are what make it happen."

"One reason we rush so quickly to the vulgar satisfactions of judgement, and love to revel in our righteous outrage, is that it spares us from the impotent pain of empathy, and the harder, messier work of understanding."

“It is better to wait until you get the right thing, at the right time and in the right place; than to race for the wrong thing, at the wrong time and in the wrong place, for it yields nothing but disgrace.”

I apologize if I bore everyone, I'm afraid I've gone astray from the topic.

Why not move to Maryland, where the tyranny of the majority is not going to adhere to any concept of discourse?

We certainly have a "Democratic" society here, with a veto-proof supermajority that will remain gerrymandered in place for the next generation.

Just wait for the right time. You'll get the right thing, all right.

Meanwhile, bringing your relatives to the attention of the powers that be will no doubt be appreciated.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Update: just realized the 23rd is Sunday and puts this event in conflict with a Fredericksburg Patriots meeting I have. Rats

Cut———-
    This weasel is having a town hall Saturday Feb. 23rd 1:00-3:00pm at 2615 Mount Vernon Alexandria VA. I will be there with sign and questions fred55

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom