• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    But that doesn't really matter...it's the makeup of the bench that counts. You have judges that believe in the meaning of the Constitution and some who are faithless to it and follow political trends and fads.

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/20...ieve-in-restrictions-on-the-2nd-amendment-no/

One of the most disheartening excuses is that “The Second Amendment isn’t absolute. It has its limits.”

This sounds an awful lot like Nancy Pelosi’s view of the Constitution.

And it’s flat-out wrong. You won’t find an asterisk after “shall not be infringed.” No terms and conditions apply. The Second Amendment absolutely prohibits any federal infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.

The text of the Second Amendment guarantees that “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” As this Court explained in Heller, “[a]t the time of the founding, as now, to ‘bear’ meant to ‘carry.’ ” 554 U. S., at 584. “When used with ‘arms,’ . . . the term has a meaning that refers to carrying for a particular purpose—confrontation.” Ibid. Thus, the right to “bear arms” refers to the right to “ ‘wear, bear, or carry upon the person or in the clothing or in a pocket, for the purpose of being armed and ready for offensive or defensive action in a case of conflict with another person.’ ” Ibid. (quoting Muscarello v. United States, 524 U. S. 125, 143 (1998) (Ginsburg, J., dissenting); alterations and some internal quotation marks omitted).
    from ROGERS v. GREWAL Discent. All equally true. I don't care what circuit or federal judges "say or write".

The truth is government can not take away what God has given us.. Free Will. John Locke is correct. Life, Liberty and Property!

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/20...ieve-in-restrictions-on-the-2nd-amendment-no/

One of the most disheartening excuses is that “The Second Amendment isn’t absolute. It has its limits.”

And it’s flat-out wrong. You won’t find an asterisk after “shall not be infringed.” No terms and conditions apply. The Second Amendment absolutely prohibits any federal infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.

from ROGERS v. GREWAL Discent. All equally true. I don't care what circuit or federal judges "say or write".

The truth is government can not take away what God has given us.. Free Will. John Locke is correct. Life, Liberty and Property!

This^^^^

Any infringement upon our rights (any of them) is unconstitutional. And I agree with the fact that there is no Asterisk after shall not be infringed, there is no limit to what we can have. I’m tired of worrying about “oh will the crown allow me to have this” it should be the other way around. They should ask us if it’s ok if they do something .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    “By the way I call it "moral obedience" rather than "civil disobedience" because it is God's law". Those who try to promote un-natural laws on us are committing moral disobedience. It is our duty to resist immoral laws and actions.” By Richard Fry.

This^^^^^^ It is your moral responsiblity to resist un lawful order/laws.

The UCMJ actually protects the soldier in this situation as he/she has a moral and legal obligation to the Constitution and not to obey unlawful orders and the people who issue them.

These have to be strong examples of a direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ and not the military member’s own opinion.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

“The Second Amendment isn’t absolute. It has its limits.” This is not an excuse, it is essentially what Heller stated. More specifically Heller stated "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited."

While you will not find an asterisk, you will find a number of historic case that have historical prohibitions such as concealed carry. To ignore these issues and insist that it is an absolute right is a position that is demonstrably false. You will continue to loose because you don't have a base to stand on.

There are ways to address these issues, just don't claim it is an absolute right.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    “The Second Amendment isn’t absolute. It has its limits.” This is not an excuse, it is essentially what Heller stated. More specifically Heller stated "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited."

While you will not find an asterisk, you will find a number of historic case that have historical prohibitions such as concealed carry. To ignore these issues and insist that it is an absolute right is a position that is demonstrably false. You will continue to loose because you don't have a base to stand on.

There are ways to address these issues, just don't claim it is an absolute right.

A right that cannot withstand any assertion, no matter how specious or unsubstantiated, of a "public safety" argument by the State, is no right at all.

That is what we're stuck with in 4th CA, 2nd CA, and a few others.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    And the issue becomes the fact that congress can repeal the 2nd amendment. Conservatives have long allowed minor infringements rather than open the possibility of repeal.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And the issue becomes the fact that congress can repeal the 2nd amendment. Conservatives have long allowed minor infringements rather than open the possibility of repeal.

Takes more than Congress to repeal an amendment.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Takes more than Congress to repeal an amendment.

Basically it takes 2 groups with guns. One group who wants it and one group doesn't.

Funny though, how both groups ultimately would go to guns to protect their right or enforce taking of another man's right.

As long as that could be the case I'd say you need guns.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    A right that cannot withstand any assertion, no matter how specious or unsubstantiated, of a "public safety" argument by the State, is no right at all.

That is what we're stuck with in 4th CA, 2nd CA, and a few others.

The public safety argument is not exactly unsubstantiated. Firearms are certainly used by a few to commit crimes.

Sounds a lot like Korematsu to me. You have not seen SCOTUS explain why Korematsu was not properly decided. They have only recently said in dicta that it was wrongly decided. No plaintiff has made this argument.

There is no argument presented as to who provides public safety either.

Poor arguments are going to get poor decisions.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Correct, but that's how it starts. While it's unlikely to happen, who knows.

It takes most of the country (37? 38? states agreeing) to ratify such a change to the constitution. So why would congress start such a thing, knowing they'll never get that much of flyover country to agree?

For the same reason recently went through with a preposterous impeachment charade they KNEW would never make it out of the senate. Because they're petulant children pandering to the petulant children that make up their constituents. It feels good to have the tantrum.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    And don't forget they live in an echo chamber. They control the media and believe their own hype. Just like they KNEW Hillary would win in 2016, they KNOW that the country supports their progressive ideology. False confidence is enough for them to push a lot of their ideas through...

If they keep trying, they'll eventually win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom