• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    This is hilarious. Someone comes on to ask a specific question about how to secure their 2A rights and they get such a lovely reception.

I am sorry you feel that way. A lot of people here suffer from "BGOS"; Battered Gun Owners Syndrome.

In this state law abiding gun owners are mocked and lumped with violent crime in the inner cities. Loosely call GUN VIOLENCE. Like the object is the source of crime. :rolleyes:

Failing to punish the criminals because they are the Democrats voter base. Then they go after easy targets like law abiding citizens who have very serious jobs and can not afford to run afoul of the laws no matter how stupid.

That being said I know Medical Marijuana has proven to be helpful for some, but it is hard to care when the state celebrates felon druggies, then attack innocent people because of job and occupation can't defend themselves no matter how crystal clean their personal record is.

Things like this exceed my give a Sh!t factor. I care, but my fight for something really trivial is just not there. My job would never allow it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The same happened to my husband and I. Found out after taking the HQL class, getting finger printed AND submitting our application to the state of Maryland and each person took the funds....the application asked us, we said yes...that should have stopped the process....Nope, took the fee and came back denied. No way around it, there is a vote before congress to decriminalize marijuana which would open things up a bit but then you got reckless users out here owning guns. My thing is, the HQL should have informed us, the MMC should have informed us we would lose our 2nd amendment rights and the Maryland state police should have informed us.....$600 wasted between the two of us.

Your HQL class didn't explain firearm law?

Agrippa

Dec 12, 2008
    Mr (Miss?) Agrippa,

You came here in 2008, and didn't post until 2010. You took umbrage at some AGC replies (perhaps with good cause), and went on a 10 year hiatus.

You did get a good reply to your 'WTB GSG/Sig 1911-22 magazines" on Sept 18, but nix.

The cannabis issue has been discussed quite a bit, but the search function is lacking here.

Thick skin is a plus on MDS, as many suckbots troll here (I am the biggest suckbot to ever draw breath).

I hope you will stick around, and perhaps even post in the Introductions thread so we can know you better.

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

I will not be crass and say 'hugs, not drugs', as I know pain is most painful, and most every damn day, I am in pain.

If you stick around long enough for Fat Larry to free us from prison, and there is a MDS meet-up, I will be pleased to buy you the beverage(s) of your choice.

Kirk eruby out.

I appreciate you not presuming my gender. Today is Wednesday, so it's mister.

I've been here a while, just not active, cause you know...life.

I thought I was clear that I had a specific question regarding MMCC card. Surprised at how quick people jumped on me.

I'm big on the principles of liberty and non-aggression. I'm surprised to see how much interest there is here with the actions of others that don't harm anyone else, and having the State involved.

Lol, looked at the past threads. Boy, lots change in 10-yrs of internet life.

Perhaps when family/life opens up I can hang out with some of you folks. Hopefully I'll have my can for my GSG 1911-22 by then :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is hilarious. Someone comes on to ask a specific question about how to secure their 2A rights and they get such a lovely reception. Is it any wonder that it's hard to get moderates in this state to even consider different opinions on 2A issues?

Anyway, for those who've stumbled onto this dumpster fire and would like some answers, here ya go.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MDGuns/com.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
    Since you just picked this scab, I will beg to differ on one point...there can only be one opinion on the Second Amendment.
    That's not an opinion.

Agrippa

Dec 12, 2008
    I am sorry you feel that way. A lot of people here suffer from "BGOS"; Battered Gun Owners Syndrome.

In this state law abiding gun owners are mocked and lumped with violent crime in the inner cities. Loosely call GUN VIOLENCE. Like the object is the source of crime. :rolleyes:

Failing to punish the criminals because they are the Democrats voter base. Then they go after easy targets like law abiding citizens who have very serious jobs and can not afford to run afoul of the laws no matter how stupid.

That being said I know Medical Marijuana has proven to be helpful for some, but it is hard to care when the state celebrates felon druggies, then attack innocent people because of job and occupation can't defend themselves no matter how crystal clean their personal record is.

Things like this exceed my give a Sh!t factor. I care, but my fight for something really trivial is just not there. My job would never allow it.

Yea, I don't care what other people do as long it doesn't infringe upon my rights, liberty, property...all that good stuff. I don't like giving the State more power...especially over my own health.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Seriously? The world being what it is medical and or recreational pot users are about the least of my worries. Drunks worry me more then potheads

Seriously. We can joke about Doritos, or whatever. But altered is altered. I don’t want someone in an altered state behind the wheel, operating heavy equipment, doing surgery or holding a firearm. Doesn’t matter if some drunk would be worse. All by itself, on its’ own merits, people in any altered state should not have firearms.

And you all that said booze is worse, stop using toddler logic. If you need that explained, that like telling Mom, “I might have done something bad, but Sis did worse!” It’s irrelevant and doesn’t help make your point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Seriously. We can joke about Doritos, or whatever. But altered is altered. I don’t want someone in an altered state behind the wheel, operating heavy equipment, doing surgery or holding a firearm. Doesn’t matter if some drunk would be worse. All by itself, on its’ own merits, people in any altered state should not have firearms.

And you all that said booze is worse, stop using toddler logic. If you need that explained, that like telling Mom, “I might have done something bad, but Sis did worse!” It’s irrelevant and doesn’t help make your point.

No. People have been "altered" since the dawn of time. Sometimes I intentionally drink enough to be altered. I don't handle firearms during those times. I should not be prohibited. I drink too much responsibly.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    On March 7, 2019, the Maryland Senate passed a bill, SB97, that would allow Maryland medical cannabis patients to own a firearm. The vote was 46-0 by the full Senate after the Senate Judicial Proceedings committee passed it by 11-0 on March 1. In doing so, Maryland has deviated from the policy of most medical cannabis states; a ban on patients owning guns or at least restrictions on where they can purchase them.

The bill has bipartisan support from Senator Michael Hough (R) and Senator Robert Zirkin (D). The bill reads as follows:

“A person may not be denied the right to purchase, possess, or carry a firearm under this title solely on the basis that this person is authorized to use medical cannabis under title13, subtitle of the health-general article.”

MD can pass whatever law it wants regarding this. It’s completely irrelevant. It’s federal law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    No. People have been "altered" since the dawn of time. Sometimes I intentionally drink enough to be altered. I don't handle firearms during those times. I should not be prohibited. I drink too much responsibly.

Best response in this in this thread:party29:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MD can pass whatever law it wants regarding this. It’s completely irrelevant. It’s federal law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't a law, it never passed the House and was never sent to the Governor.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

We get it. You're anti gun.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the House had also passed SB97, and Lawnchair had signed it , it would have changed nothing , and been meaningless political masterbation .

The Prohibition is Federal , Maryland can't make it go away .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom